Physics: Moduli (Young, shear, bulk)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dmission

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So, in the EK physics book, they've got about 1 page that mentions Young's modulus, shear modulus, and the bulk modulus. This is something I don't remember at all from my physics class, and they don't really explain it too well. They ask practice questions on it. I'm just wondering how important this actually is for the MCAT? I'd also appreciate any clarifications on the differences between them, and if the formulas are also important to memorize.

Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

So, in the EK physics book, they've got about 1 page that mentions Young's modulus, shear modulus, and the bulk modulus. This is something I don't remember at all from my physics class, and they don't really explain it too well. They ask practice questions on it. I'm just wondering how important this actually is for the MCAT? I'd also appreciate any clarifications on the differences between them, and if the formulas are also important to memorize.

Thanks.
Anything that you see in these prep book is fair game for the MCAT. You should find another prep book that explains these stuff in more details. I think BR does a good job in explaining these concepts.