Physics prep

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mc2004

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Are either of these good prep matieral if I have never taken physics before:

Nova's the MCAT Physics Book
Kaplan's Edge Physics

Essentially, I would like these books to go over the very basics or explain the material is an easy way, as I would be seeing it for the first time.

Members don't see this ad.

mc2004 said:
Are either of these good prep matieral if I have never taken physics before:

Nova's the MCAT Physics Book
Kaplan's Edge Physics

Essentially, I would like these books to go over the very basics or explain the material is an easy way, as I would be seeing it for the first time.

I'm not familiar with either of those books, but I took Kaplan's classroom course, and between the lectures and their physical sciences review book, I was able to do well on the physical sciences section. I have only taken physics 1, but not physics 2, so it's not exactly the same situation you're in.

If you are looking for a book to TEACH you Physics..go for Schaum's Outlines. These are great books...I have used them with tutors to actually teach me the material for the first time. Very easy to follow, but I have also found mistakes in the answer key. So, if you can't come up with the correct answer and someone who is qualified can't match the answer...there is a good possiblity that it is wrong. Hope this helps.