physics question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ufblondi

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone had come across a really good physics text? The textbook for my class is not the best and I would really like to find a good supplemental text.

Members don't see this ad.

halliday, fundamentals of physics.

of course, if you are talking about just a supplement to help you understand, it would depend on the topic. if you are looking for a level of knowledge equivalent to that required by the mcat, i would but the princeton review phys. sci. review book.

Cutnell & Johnson 6th ed.
not calc based and doesnt go into really gritty details, but is EXTREMELY reader friendly. it would be a great book to read as prep for whatever youre doing in a class

Members don't see this ad :)
maggie08 said:
not calc based and doesnt go into really gritty details, but is EXTREMELY reader friendly. it would be a great book to read as prep for whatever youre doing in a class

haha thats goood to hear, since thats the required textbook i'll be using in the fall.

maggie08 said:

I practically worship that book :D .....although some chapters( electricity) I found to be very difficult.

Does anyone know how important a strong trig background is for general physics? It has been a while since I have taken any kind of trig (high school, many moons ago). Should I do some review of trig before I start the class or is everything walked through and pretty straight forward in the text?