Dismiss Notice
Hey Guest! Check out the 3 MCAT Study Plan Options listed in the 'stickies' area at the top of the forums (BoomBoom, SN2ed, and MCATJelly). Let us know which you like best.

Also, we now offer a MCAT Test-Prep Exhibitions Forum where you can ask questions directly from the test-prep services.

Physics Review for someone who hasn't taken Physics

Discussion in 'MCAT Discussions' started by calvinhobbes, May 26, 2008.

1. calvinhobbes

calvinhobbes Member

Medical Student
    Hi everyone, what would you all suggest to buy for Physics MCAT review? I am taking the MCAT this summer, and have completed all the pre-reqs except Physics. What would you guys suggest; is EK the way to go?

Thanks!

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. physics junkie

Did you take AP physics in high school? Or did you study physics in high school internationally? I'm afraid physics isn't one of those classes you can do without for the MCAT...

4. nothing123

Pre-Medical
    I've heard good things about NOVA Physics and The Berkeley Review.

5. hkmedbound

hkmedbound severe case of MCAT'itis

I never took physics (not even in highschool), and pulled off a 10 in PS my first go at the MCAT so it is definately possible.

I used the Kaplan material which I found helpful. Don't worry if you don't have the pre-reqs. Its totally possible to teach your self all the material in time.

Cheers.

6. calvinhobbes

calvinhobbes Member

Medical Student
    Thanks!

How is EK for Physics?

7. jamesrick80

Pre-Medical
    Because you haven't taken physics, I would recommend Nova Physics only. If you had taken physics, you could do berkeley or EK physics.

8. Esteban

Esteban Senior Member

Medical Student
    I took physics I, not physics II, will take 7/8/08 test. What I am doing is using the NOVA Physics book for initial learning (this book is awesome for those who are weak in or new to physics, I am the former) and the Berkeley Review for practice problems.

From the AAMC tests I've taken, what I find is that NOVA Physics is a bit easier, BR Physics is much harder! Good luck!

9. calvinhobbes

calvinhobbes Member

Medical Student
    I have purchased the Nova book.

Thanks for all the advice everyone. :)