Physics Suggestion

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Tinker Creek

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
If any of you guys used the Cutnell & Johnson text for physics, I recommend you use that book for studying. Some of those examples, like the reasoning and strategy problems are quite helpful, I thought. Anytime I'm stuck on a passage and I go to hunt for relevant material, most of the time, the exact scenario can be found. There are also things like, Problem Solving Insights in red, which give concepts in tiny doses. Just a suggestion.

Members don't see this ad.

:) Thanks!

Tinker Creek said:
If any of you guys used the Cutnell & Johnson text for physics, I recommend you use that book for studying. Some of those examples, like the reasoning and strategy problems are quite helpful, I thought. Anytime I'm stuck on a passage and I go to hunt for relevant material, most of the time, the exact scenario can be found. There are also things like, Problem Solving Insights in red, which give concepts in tiny doses. Just a suggestion.

Yeah, I use the Cutnell book for my Physics class, which I'm currently taking, and I love how it uses the little medical symbols in the margins and refers to the MCAT. It's good to know there's a Physics book out there with us premeds in mind.