exigente chica

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
May 28, 2002
Visit site
Status
Mann, this class is soo hard. I don't know what to do. I am stydying and it's just not working. Getting frustrated. ANy advice?:mad:

isidella

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
May 23, 2002
Visit site
Status
I found the laminated study cards at the bookstore to be helpful. Also, I went to librairy and checked out a video about newtonian physics, real basic stuff for like high-schoolers, but it gave me "something" to grasp onto. Finally, I had a prof who gave partial credit for problems that start out good but went wrong.

You studying for a calc based physics class? Or grad level?

OP
exigente chica

exigente chica

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
May 28, 2002
Visit site
Status
U following me?? :laugh: hehehe..

Non calc based, but damm it is soo hard. THere are soo many equations and I never know which one to use?

About the Ads

Doc Holliday

Enzyme Regulators, Ride!
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Mar 22, 2000
OK Corral
www.myspace.com
Status
I recommend getting a couple study partners and a dry-erase board. Take turns explaining the material to each other as if you were the TA. The trouble I had with physics was not necessarily an inability to grasp the material, but rather learning how to apply it very quickly in an exam setting. Teaching it to others always seems to cement things more firmly for me.

As a side note, I recommend tutoring the pre-reqs to underclassmen once you finish the sequences. It can only help your MCAT prep and is a great EC. Good luck! - dh

vivekap2007

cowtown indo hornet
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Sep 4, 2002
bumpkinville
Visit site
Status
I would also consider deriving all the equations you use so you understand where they come from and the assumptions behind them which should allow you to quickly determine which eqn to use. (since your phys isn't calc based you may have to look up the derivations in another textbook or ask your prof) best of luck

UCLA2000

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Dec 19, 2001
the hospital
Visit site
Status
Attending Physician
Seek out the school's tutoring program. Repitition was the key for me when I took physics. Do the homework OVER AND OVER AND OVER again :)

About the Ads