1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice

Physics

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by exigente chica, Oct 13, 2002.

1. exigente chica

7+ Year Member

Mann, this class is soo hard. I don't know what to do. I am stydying and it's just not working. Getting frustrated. ANy advice?:mad:

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. isidella

7+ Year Member

I found the laminated study cards at the bookstore to be helpful. Also, I went to librairy and checked out a video about newtonian physics, real basic stuff for like high-schoolers, but it gave me "something" to grasp onto. Finally, I had a prof who gave partial credit for problems that start out good but went wrong.

You studying for a calc based physics class? Or grad level?

4. exigente chica

7+ Year Member

U following me?? :laugh: hehehe..

Non calc based, but damm it is soo hard. THere are soo many equations and I never know which one to use?

5. Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday Enzyme Regulators, Ride!
    10+ Year Member

I recommend getting a couple study partners and a dry-erase board. Take turns explaining the material to each other as if you were the TA. The trouble I had with physics was not necessarily an inability to grasp the material, but rather learning how to apply it very quickly in an exam setting. Teaching it to others always seems to cement things more firmly for me.

As a side note, I recommend tutoring the pre-reqs to underclassmen once you finish the sequences. It can only help your MCAT prep and is a great EC. Good luck! - dh

6. exigente chica

7+ Year Member

THanx..dh and isdella:clap: back to the library I go...:rolleyes:

7. vivekap2007

vivekap2007 cowtown indo hornet
    7+ Year Member

I would also consider deriving all the equations you use so you understand where they come from and the assumptions behind them which should allow you to quickly determine which eqn to use. (since your phys isn't calc based you may have to look up the derivations in another textbook or ask your prof) best of luck

8. UCLA2000

7+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    Seek out the school's tutoring program. Repitition was the key for me when I took physics. Do the homework OVER AND OVER AND OVER again :)

9. Exigente,

I have PM'd you.