physiology

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

migs54

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is it necesary to take anatomy before taking physiology. At school it is a pre-req to take anatomy first. However, I could get a the department chair to sign me into physiology. what do think do you need anatomy to get an A in physiology.

Members don't see this ad.

I took a year of physiology without ever having taken anatomy. It was no big deal. Of course, it might depend on the particulars of the physiology course, but my courses required very little anatomy knowledge.

•••quote:•••Originally posted by lola:
•I took a year of physiology without ever having taken anatomy. It was no big deal. Of course, it might depend on the particulars of the physiology course, but my courses required very little anatomy knowledge.•••••Agreed - our physiology major here has NO anatomy requirement, and I got my degree without taking any anatomy (though I wanted to).

Members don't see this ad :)
No anatomy needed in my graduate program.

If anatomy is a pre-req for that particular physiology course (note, this course will *not* necessarily be the same as a physiology course at another school), then that means you will need to know some anatomy for the physiology course. AND, it means that every other person taking the physiology course will have already taken anatomy and will therefore have a leg up on you. Get ahold of the anatomy syllabus, and an anatomy book and start reading.