Pianoed once, pianoed twice?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

brightsmiles9

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
If you get pianoed once, can you get pianoed twice?

Members don't see this ad.

Yes. Chances are slim, but its possible. Last two years there was a different test, i can't remember it now, but it was this year's version of "piano" I guess, and someone came on here and mentioned how their 2008 retake was the same exam as their 2007 exam. I guess that's why they make you take a 90 day break, to lessen the chance of getting the same exam.

If that's the case, I'm wondering what version will they have for Aug DAT takers?

Members don't see this ad :)
really? there's very small chances to get piano again!!!!! :scared: I hate that...

hopefully no more piano again!!! this will be my second time...i'm gonna take it end of july and last test was mid-sept 2008.

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo piano!!!!!

I don't think that's possible, because that means getting the same version of the test twice. And, honestly, I don't think ADA has that much mercy on students to give them the same test twice.

does anyone know if the schools are notified of which exam you took?
I don't think they're even notified of your %, yet alone the version of the test! Even if they are notified of the version, I don't think they'd actually put that much time and effort into reviewing the applications at such detailed level, considering the shear # of applicants. I might be wrong though.

I don't think they're even notified of your %, yet alone the version of the test! Even if they are notified of the version, I don't think they'd actually put that much time and effort into reviewing the applications at such detailed level, considering the shear # of applicants. I might be wrong though.

Yeah agreed....Im really doubting they receive the version you took....

maybe you're right. i must stop worrying about getting the second time same version. :D

when i registered again, there's an option where you have to let them know how many times you've taken the exams. so, i believe your data will show up which version you've taken before and they will not give the same version again on the test day.

This piano passage seems so scary.. Does anyone have a sample of what the piano passage? I just know that it's about how a piano works?

although I heard no, the reason why I ask is because my piano section was my 3rd passage and some people get it 1st or 2nd. any thoughts?