Pick the easiest school for post-bac courses?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

John Q

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am debating on whether or not to take post bad courses at 1 of the 4 universities in town --- I have a solid MCAT. Should I take upper level science courses at the easiest institution to ensure that I get A's?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad.

If you take the easiest classes, how exactly is this preparing you for med school?????

I am debating on whether or not to take post bad courses at 1 of the 4 universities in town --- I have a solid MCAT. Should I take upper level science courses at the easiest institution to ensure that I get A's?

Members don't see this ad :)
"Easiest institution"..... I know what you mean by this, but be careful.

In my Ochem 2 course at what some would consider an "easy institution," there were a couple people who went to small liberal arts schools that are very strong academically and they chose to take this course at the lesser renowned, large university. Turns out that semester we had the most difficult prof in the department. The two students I knew who did this and were seeing what they thought would be an easy A both had to drop the course. Myself and a handful of other people who were interested in learning the material managed to get an A.

I understand what you're saying and I know some schools can "grade-inflate," but be very careful about the attitude you bring into a course. Even at "easy institutions" you can get killer courses. Just depends on the prof you get.

Reactions: 1 user
Having had the opportunity to have family members in professional schools and to have friends at med schools, one thing I know is that adcoms care more so about the grade than were the grade came from..as long as it isn't a community college. Now a 4.0 at Yale will look a lot better than 4.0 aaid state school...but a 4.0 is still considered better than a 3.4 At Emory, even if the work was more rigorous at Emory. Adcoms practice med too--- they don't have the time to differentiate as much as we think they do