• Set Yourself Up For Success Webinar

October 6, 2021 at 2 PM Eastern/11 AM Pacific
    SDN and Osmosis are teaming up to help you get set up for success this school year! We'll be covering study tips, healthy habits, and meeting mentors.

Register Now!

• Funniest Story on the Job Contest Starts Now!

Contest starts now and ends September 27th. Winner will receive a special user banner and $10 Amazon Gift card!

JOIN NOW
  • Site Updates Coming Next Week

Site updates are coming next week on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. Click the button below to learn more!

LEARN MORE

Picmonics/SketchyMed for dental school?

koalabee

Mar 19, 2015
Hi everyone,

I've heard of a few learning resources that med students found really helpful, like Sketchymicro/Sketchymed and Picmonic. I'm a very visual learner so those programs would likely be very helpful for me.

Has anyone found these programs helpful for a dental school curriculum? Specifically, my year is starting on an integrated syllabus, where we learn by organ systems. The first term covers the basics like Nutrition, dental anatomy, etc, and we start organ system learning in January 2017.

Would SketchyMed or Sketchymicro be able to benefit me with an integrated schedule like this? Just wondering if any dental students have used them, on an integrated syllabus or not.

Thanks!!

Reactions: 1 user

ThatsMyFlossify

2+ Year Member
Apr 24, 2014
  1. Dental Student
SketchyMicro was the way to go, especially when talking about drugs and bugs (especially bugs). Some of my classmates went as far as to say it should be required, because it makes everything so easy.

Also, if you're a visual learner, I would recommend reading "Moonwalking with Einstein" to start getting the hand of other mnemonic techniques like the Method of Loci and Major System. I read the book between undergrad and dental school, and it actually cut my study time down to 1/3 of what it was and I perform better than I did before.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.