Picmonics/SketchyMed for dental school?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

koalabee

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I've heard of a few learning resources that med students found really helpful, like Sketchymicro/Sketchymed and Picmonic. I'm a very visual learner so those programs would likely be very helpful for me.

Has anyone found these programs helpful for a dental school curriculum? Specifically, my year is starting on an integrated syllabus, where we learn by organ systems. The first term covers the basics like Nutrition, dental anatomy, etc, and we start organ system learning in January 2017.

Would SketchyMed or Sketchymicro be able to benefit me with an integrated schedule like this? Just wondering if any dental students have used them, on an integrated syllabus or not.

Thanks!!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
SketchyMicro was the way to go, especially when talking about drugs and bugs (especially bugs). Some of my classmates went as far as to say it should be required, because it makes everything so easy.

Also, if you're a visual learner, I would recommend reading "Moonwalking with Einstein" to start getting the hand of other mnemonic techniques like the Method of Loci and Major System. I read the book between undergrad and dental school, and it actually cut my study time down to 1/3 of what it was and I perform better than I did before.