Pictures on Secondaries

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CuddlyKumquat

simply scrumpcious
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Would you attach a pic even if they didn't ask? :oops:

Members don't see this ad.

no.

the only reason pictures are often requested at interviews is so upon post-interview review, the adcoms can put a face to the file.

So how professional does the photo have to be? I mean do you have to go over to a studio and get a passport shot or can I crop a good picture and use it ?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hoooba said:
So how professional does the photo have to be? I mean do you have to go over to a studio and get a passport shot or can I crop a good picture and use it ?

It doesn't have to be professionally done. Last year, I just used a digital camera, took a picture, brought the card to a photo kiosk at Rite-Aid and printed wallet size pics out. but you should wear semi-formal attire in your photo. I was specifically told this at an interview when my interviewer commented on how it's good that I wore a shirt and tie for the picture I took. He mentioned how the last person he interviewed had messy hair and wore a t-shirt in his pic "unprofessional" he refered to the interviewee as.

thanks for the advice

uh oh. i wore a tshirt in my pics, but only showed shoulder up.

epalantequevoy said:
the only reason pictures are often requested at interviews is so upon post-interview review, the adcoms can put a face to the file.
HAHA...in my experience being around people that conduct interveiws and pick interviewees, I've realized that all else being equal, the more attractive person wins. If I was a med school interviewer, I'd totally look at the pics before I gave them an interview...to see if they shower or look like a mutant. I'd put money down that, if we had the same app, the old men on the adcoms would pick a hot chick over me anyday. :laugh:

hahaha i had a t-shirt on, picture shoulder-up, casual, in the photos i sent out to everyone. oh well. :)

they use it to ID you if you matriculate because AAMC sends them your MCAT photo...it's so they can see if you're the same person...all that matters is that your face shows and you're not doing anything blatantly stupid in the picture.

Bluntman said:
if we had the same app, the old men on the adcoms would pick a hot chick over me anyday. :laugh:

I can't tell you how many times I have seen that happen. Kinda makes me wanna puke in disgust.