Pictures

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JDAD

1K Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have to send in some pictures along with my medical school applications. I am trying to decide which picture I should send in.

I have many pictures on my computer, but many of them are from my "old" days as a model. I am afraid I will look like I am trying WAY to hard if I send any of these in, but it would be so much easier to just print these babies off.
What do you think? What kind of picture did you send in?

Also, is a black and white picture ok, or should I send in a color one?

Respond fast, I will be sending this in tomorrow.

Members don't see this ad.

JDAD said:
For my applications, I am asked to submit pictures of myself. Can these pictures be black and white, or should they be in color?

not sure, but this book has been VERY VERY useful for that specific question as well as a TON of the other random questions that come up when gearing up for residency/interviews/ERAS

Iserson's Getting into a Residency: A Guide for Medical Students, Sixth Edition by Kenneth V. Iserson

Thanks, sort of. :)

Members don't see this ad :)
I think most medical schools want a current, color, "conservative" photo. A lot of people are using digital cameras and editing them down to 2" x 2".