Pikeville anyone?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Halaljello

Hot Oil
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone know anything about pikeville? first of all...how the hell do you get there? Some guy i talked to who works in admissions said that they dont have an airport, so you'll have to drive like 3 hours from louisville if you fly...

Whats in pikeville anyway? i know this may sound kinda funny but someone told me, the main attraction there is a "Wal-Mart"

thanks

Members don't see this ad.

I do believe it was the site of the Hatfield - McCoy feud.

Members don't see this ad :)
Pikeville is in the mountains of Eastern Kentucky. It is basically the middle of nowhere. There isn't much to do there. It's about 3 or so hours from Lexington, KY, and 3 hours or so from Charleston, WV.

Pikeville is 2 hours from Charleston, WV. Yes there is the Wal Mart and Lowe's, but there is also some great restuarants, a beautiful lake, a brand new hospital, movie theater's, etc etc that any other small town has.

So far I have only done one month ER rotation at Pikeville, but I plan on doing more. But PikevilleMedStudent here on the boards can tell you so much more. I am sure he will post soon.

Billie

I know a lot about Pikeville. The best way to get there is to fly to Huntington, WV. Close second would be Lexington, KY or Charleston, WV. Its a long drive from Louisville but definitely do able. It is about 1.5 hours from Huntington, maybe not even that much. Since I answered your questions, how about answering mine? Why the interest in Pikeville?