1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Pikeville anyone?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - DO' started by Halaljello, Jun 14, 2001.

1. Halaljello

Halaljello Hot Oil
    10+ Year Member

Anyone know anything about pikeville? first of all...how the hell do you get there? Some guy i talked to who works in admissions said that they dont have an airport, so you'll have to drive like 3 hours from louisville if you fly...

Whats in pikeville anyway? i know this may sound kinda funny but someone told me, the main attraction there is a "Wal-Mart"

thanks

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. livquiv

livquiv Member
    10+ Year Member

I do believe it was the site of the Hatfield - McCoy feud.

4. Halaljello

Halaljello Hot Oil
    10+ Year Member

5. tbachi

tbachi Member
    10+ Year Member

Pikeville is in the mountains of Eastern Kentucky. It is basically the middle of nowhere. There isn't much to do there. It's about 3 or so hours from Lexington, KY, and 3 hours or so from Charleston, WV.

6. Billie

Billie An Oldie but a Goodie...
    10+ Year Member

Pikeville is 2 hours from Charleston, WV. Yes there is the Wal Mart and Lowe's, but there is also some great restuarants, a beautiful lake, a brand new hospital, movie theater's, etc etc that any other small town has.

So far I have only done one month ER rotation at Pikeville, but I plan on doing more. But PikevilleMedStudent here on the boards can tell you so much more. I am sure he will post soon.

Billie

7. Pikevillemedstudent

Pikevillemedstudent Bengals Fan
    10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    I know a lot about Pikeville. The best way to get there is to fly to Huntington, WV. Close second would be Lexington, KY or Charleston, WV. Its a long drive from Louisville but definitely do able. It is about 1.5 hours from Huntington, maybe not even that much. Since I answered your questions, how about answering mine? Why the interest in Pikeville?