Pikeville College SOM- 2011-2012

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just got my acceptance call!

Accepted too!! Second acceptance. I have one interview remaining Friday then a tough decision following. A wonderful problem to have!!! Good luck everyone!!

Members don't see this ad.

Accepted too!! Second acceptance. I have one interview remaining Friday then a tough decision following. A wonderful problem to have!!! Good luck everyone!!

Accepted!!! Such an incredible feeling!

One more interview this Friday, too.

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats on the acceptances everyone. Looks like a lot were accepted that interviewed. Hope the trend continues.

Anyone that was interviewed or accepted:

Did they ask a lot of ethical or current events or healthcare reform questions?

Sounds like most of you said it was rather laid back and personal...they're trying to find out more about you and why you want to go to their school...

Would those admitted mind sharing stats? :D and Congrats!!

Did anyone send in thir recommendations electronically? I sent in two electronicaly and I dont believe they have received them.

Would those admitted mind sharing stats? :D and Congrats!!

3.3/23R/OOS
Secondary Complete 8/27
Interview offer 9/9
Interviewed 9/30
Accepted 10/5

Did anyone send in thir recommendations electronically? I sent in two electronicaly and I dont believe they have received them.

I sent all of mine (4) via Interfolio or VirtualEvals and they had no problem receiving them.

On paper, many people think Pikeville accepts "lower tiered" applicants. Rubbish. I will say that in all my dealings with Pikeville graduates, which are vast, they are down to earth and top notch physicians!

Congratulations to all of you! Eastern Kentucky is packed with good hardworking people and you will certainly enjoy your time there! :thumbup:

Hey guys, so I just wanted to verify it was a open file interview? So they can see our application including mcat/grades/essays??

Did you guys get asked about your grades/MCAT?

Lastly, do you contact Angel Hamilton the week prior to the interview to know the names of your interviewers?

Its open file and they can see all of your stats during the interview. And yes, you can ask Angel the week of the interview to find out who will be interviewing you.

Members don't see this ad :)
First Acceptance!
28Q
3.67 cGPA
3.54 sGPA
Does anyone know if they post a residency match list anywhere online??

To those that interviewed already, please fill out the SDN Interview Feedback for PCSOM/Pikeville-KCOM because I see the most current one is from April 2011 and it would be helpful to many people:)

Does pikeville only have interviews once a month? I know the next date is OCt 14th, but are there anymore in October?

They're also having one on the 15th, but other than that I'm not sure.

The tuition is about $34,000-$35,000 based on College Information Book released by AACOMAS.

We paid $36,500 this year for tuition. Hope that helps you guys...it may go up next year (thats kind of expected each year)

The tuition is about $34,000-$35,000 based on College Information Book released by AACOMAS.

HEre is a list of the current dates for interviews-
OCTOBER 14, 15

NOVEMBER 4TH-5TH

DECEMBER 2ND-3RD

JANUARY 6TH-7TH and 20TH

FEBRUARY 7TH-18TH

MARCH 16th-17th

APRIL 21ST

They're also having one on the 15th, but other than that I'm not sure.

How many people are generally invited to interview per day? Like 20 people? I wonder how many they accept per interview date and if there's like a limit per day or they can accept as many until the class gets filled?

do you think I have a chance with
3.6 cgpa/sgpa
21 MCAT :(
Florida resident for five years
lived in Ohio most of my life

do you think I have a chance with
3.6 cgpa/sgpa
21 MCAT :(
Florida resident for five years
lived in Ohio most of my life

Sure you do. But you have to get your application in. There is only 100-125 spots so competition will be tight the longer you wait. Remember, the only way you have no chance is if you never apply.:)

Good Luck!

if you have lower stats, they look for your extracurriculars, healthcare experiences, and essays to see if your goals reflect their mission...but anything is possible!!

Compared to years past it seems like Pikeville is moving really slow this year. Does that seem true or is it just me?

Compared to years past it seems like Pikeville is moving really slow this year. Does that seem true or is it just me?

That seems to be the vibe I'm hearing from everyone. It took a long time to get secondaries out. But they moved pretty fast from the time I got my complete email to the time I received an interview invite. It was less than 2 weeks for me.

This may have been answered already but when do they consider your application complete? I am waiting on my DO letter, but I have every other letter to send. I've filled out the secondary and submitted that as well. Thanks for the help.

This may have been answered already but when do they consider your application complete? I am waiting on my DO letter, but I have every other letter to send. I've filled out the secondary and submitted that as well. Thanks for the help.

They won't consider you complete until they have the DO letter, that is one of the required letters. Maybe you can call Angel and talk to her if there are extenuating circumstances though, I don't know for sure.

Does Pikeville accept Jan mcat?

Yes, they will accept Jan 2012 MCAT scores, see link below.
http://www.aacom.org/about/colleges/Pages/default.aspx

Just got my MCAT score yesterday. I hope a 24M is alright. I turned in my secondary ages ago so I'm hoping they offer an interview soon. 2nd time applying.

For those of you that have been accepted have you received your official acceptance packet yet?

For those of you that have been accepted have you received your official acceptance packet yet?

Nope, not yet. They said it would be coming in the mail, but didn't really give a timeline as to when...

how long does it take after the interview to find out if you are accepted or not?

We were interviewed on Friday and I received my acceptance phone call the following Tuesday or Wednesday (can't remember for sure).

how long does it take after the interview to find out if you are accepted or not?

If anyone knows anybody that would be interested in mcat tutoring, preferably close to Pikeville, let me know. It would be a great way to earn some money on the side :)

I have Dr. Samara and Dr. Lushia as my interviewers...I don't know if that's how you spell their names but anyone know what specialty or what subject they teach?

Last edited:
I have Dr. Samara and Dr. Lusha as my interviewers...I don't know if that's how you spell their names but anyone know what specialty or what subject they teach?

Dr. Lushia teaches biochemistry and I'm not sure about Dr. Samara.

Did you just call and ask who your interviewers were? I sent an email to Angel but haven't heard back yet. She's probably swamped with emails so I should probably just call!

I have Dr. Samara and Dr. Lushia as my interviewers...I don't know if that's how you spell their names but anyone know what specialty or what subject they teach?

i would go to the KYCOM website and look, it was the easiest way. Google is also a good way to find out.

Anyone interview with Dr. Betz or Gearheart?

Do you mean dr. Seniera? He is the anatomy teacher. And yes lushia is the biochem prof. Both of which are very nice. I had lushia as one of my interviewers and have him now for biochem. He really wants ppl to suceed and will ask about how you deal with getting a bad grade. Seniera can come of very nice or very inwtimidating. (even as a teacher) but he truely wants whats best for the students. Good luck!

Dr. Betz is very nice but he can come across as very cold. Once your past that you will be fine. He is the main guy for clinical skills and he may even crack a few jokes with you :) Gearhart is the phisio teacher and we just had him for a lecture in research methods. This was the fist time we had a lecture from him and he likes to make people laugh. He seems very down to earth. Good luck!

If she doesnt answer you can ask a first or second year to check for you the day of. They will fill you in on what to know about them :)

It could take a week or so to get you actual acceptance letter but it wont be too long!