Dismiss Notice
SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

Pikeville - COM placement of graduates

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - DO' started by dvdrv31, Dec 3, 2001.

1. dvdrv31

dvdrv31 Member

hey all,

i hope someone at Pikeville or someone else can tell me about post graduation placements. I am interested in Primary care and working in kentucky. however, i do not want to be ONLY limited to those kinds of things. what to most students at pikeville do after graduation? i live in western kentucky and am thinking about pikeville. (already visited once, nice place)

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. KyGrlDr2B

I'm from KY too, but I know little about Pikeville. Since it is a relatively new school, you may not be able to find out much about placement of graduates. Good luck trying though.

4. Boomer

Boomer Supreme Sooner Member

Not to sound like an ass, but has Pikeville graduated a class yet? I can't remember, but it couldn't be more than one or two if any...

Just curious...

5. BooBooBear

BooBooBear Member

Pikeville graduated their first class this past May... it was quite an event I am told.

And if you want stats on PCSOM, you might contact Jeanne Thompson(?) She is the Director of Recruiting and if she doesn't know, would know who to ask.... Or you could contact Dr Stephen Payson. He is the Dean of the SOM.

Best of Luck.

6. VijayEM

VijayEM Junior Member

i've heard Pikeville is a very good school, although kind of in the woods and isolated area in Kentucky. Visit and if you like it, i definitely recommend going there.

7. phd2b

phd2b Senior Member

Resident [Any Field]
    dvdrv31,
    Where in West KY are you from? I know there there are a couple of folks in the 4th year class in PCSOM from Paducah, I believe. However, since the first graduating class has not completed residency training yet, I'd venture to guess that it'd be difficult to say where they have been 'placed'. If you mean residency placement, however, talk to Dr. Murphy...

8. dvdrv31

dvdrv31 Member

hey....

i'm not from eastern ky, but from southcentral kentucky -london.

pikeville seems like a very nice school. anyone have the applied/acceptance numbers for the most recent year? thanks a lot.

9. BADunning

BADunning Member

Resident [Any Field]
    The numbers that I heard Mr. Payson talking about this morning were something like 1500 applications annually. The class size is no larger than about 64, and that number is not very likely to grow.

10. Pikevillemedstudent

Pikevillemedstudent Bengals Fan

Attending Physician
    I have yet to see a match list but then again I haven't asked. Of those I do know, Univ. Tenn-Knox, UK, UPitt, Marshall, ETSU(several), Orlando(several but don't know which hospital), Dayton(Grandview), and of course Pikeville. As for what field, they range from ENT, psych, PM&R, Anesth, Int. Med, Peds, and of course Family Practice. I am sure there are other field and areas. You can go anywhere you want if you work hard enough.