pillows and my back

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

STUCKinUCR

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
OK this is how it is

Im taking the MCAT this saturday at my school

and my school, full of the genius' as always, choose quite possibly the worst room to have the test in. Im talking poor lighting, the worst seats in the school, and the room smells like a ripe water buffalo.

I used to play football in high school, where I injured my back way back in the day, and i get back problems if i sit in one position for too long, or i twist akwardly, or whatever. Nothing serious, but i just have to stretch every once in a while

so my question is do you think the proctors would be ok with me bringing in a pillow or two to make the chair more comfortable, or would that be something not allowed?

has anyone gone thru this, or has an opinion on this.

i know this is random, but such is my brain after studying for this long.

let me know what you think

Members don't see this ad.

STUCKinUCR said:
and my school, full of the genius' as always, choose quite possibly the worst room to have the test in. Im talking poor lighting, the worst seats in the school, and the room smells like a ripe water buffalo.

Sarcasm?

:laugh: if it was...

If not, sorry if I was presumptuous.

shnjb said:
Sarcasm?

:laugh: if it was...

If not, sorry if I was presumptuous.

please dont be sorry

i tend to have a sense of humor that not a lot of people understand, so dont even worry about it

it was definately sarcastic, because my school is, to put it delicately, not with it, per se, on an official basis. The administration and beauracracy at this school is amazing to have to work through to get something done, like for a club or organization. Like for example, to rent out a TV for a club meeting, you have to go to the media resources people 3 days in advance to rent it out. even though they have tv's sitting there. and then if you dont submit a request three days in advance, they charge you $25 plus an "operator fee" of $20 dollars for someone to roll it to your club room. And then they make you run back and forth between them and the finance people to get a monetary release from your club funds. and the list goes on

i realize that my post rambles, but its late and im not thinking really well right now :eek:

but yeah do you think they allow pillows?

Members don't see this ad :)
STUCKinUCR said:
please dont be sorry

i tend to have a sense of humor that not a lot of people understand, so dont even worry about it

it was definately sarcastic, because my school is, to put it delicately, not with it, per se, on an official basis. The administration and beauracracy at this school is amazing to have to work through to get something done, like for a club or organization. Like for example, to rent out a TV for a club meeting, you have to go to the media resources people 3 days in advance to rent it out. even though they have tv's sitting there. and then if you dont submit a request three days in advance, they charge you $25 plus an "operator fee" of $20 dollars for someone to roll it to your club room. And then they make you run back and forth between them and the finance people to get a monetary release from your club funds. and the list goes on

i realize that my post rambles, but its late and im not thinking really well right now :eek:

but yeah do you think they allow pillows?

I have no clue but I imagine if you claimed that you had back problems, I don't see how it's such a unfair advantage that they'd try to avoid.

Anyway, I feel ya, as a fellow UC(SD)er.

My school has its quirks too, like the division of college systems and ******ed tree-hugging college-specific requirements that are a complete waste of time for a science major.
For a school not known for its non-science programs, UCSD sure tries hard to shove its mostly pre-health and engineering students a lot of non-science garbage.

shnjb said:
I have no clue but I imagine if you claimed that you had back problems, I don't see how it's such a unfair advantage that they'd try to avoid.

Anyway, I feel ya, as a fellow UC(SD)er.

My school has its quirks too, like the division of college systems and ******ed tree-hugging college-specific requirements that are a complete waste of time for a science major.
For a school not known for its non-science programs, UCSD sure tries hard to shove its mostly pre-health and engineering students a lot of non-science garbage.

man i totally agree
i can understand taking breadth classes cuz of the "well rounded" person they try to create who never gets into a med school, but honestly when im on my third freaking history class its too much

but yeah good luck on saturday and beyond

im just gonna bring a mattress on saturday and see what they say ;)

STUCKinUCR said:
man i totally agree
i can understand taking breadth classes cuz of the "well rounded" person they try to create who never gets into a med school, but honestly when im on my third freaking history class its too much

but yeah good luck on saturday and beyond

im just gonna bring a mattress on saturday and see what they say ;)

IKEA mattresses would suffice for such purposes as they sell'em packed in a tightly concealed package.

shnjb said:
IKEA mattresses would suffice for such purposes as they sell'em packed in a tightly concealed package.

what would they do if you show up with your own desk and chair
cuz honestly the chairs in this room are not comfortable
i have two classes there this quarter and i can barely make it thru the hour

btw i saw the movie slackers on comedy central two nights ago, and the movie was filmed at UCR. and the room at the end of the movie where the scene is shot is where im going to be taking the test. it just struck me as odd that a week before the MCAT they were showing how to cheat in the room the MCAT was going to be in.

but heck yeah ikea mattresses and those foam pillows that like mold to the shape of your face. at that point you can basically guarantee a 34

I'd say bring a pillow or two. The worst that can happen is they'll say no.