Pirates of the Caribbean WW Official Game Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Devyn fails here, I told her you can't ask about role/name/alliance.

@Philliab , I assumed you could ask directly a role name but I thought you would allow asking about another's role.
So would you have allowed "tell me who is davey jones?"

Members don't see this ad.

I think hedgie was the only one that brought up that you would have been a great convention target. Thought the villagers would jump on that quickly, but alas...
I think that was early in the game BEFORE I was converted.

BTW, did anyone ever investigate me before conversion? I kept on claiming they did, but never really knew.

@Philliab , I assumed you could ask directly a role name but I thought you would allow asking about another's role.
So would you have allowed "tell me who is davey jones?"

Correct. The only restrictions were no asking role, name or affiliation.

Members don't see this ad :)
My favorite thing about the game was talking about all the animals.... And people believing they actually existed...lol

Anyway, I should sleep, thanks for the fun everyone! :)

Reactions: 1 users
My favorite thing about the game was talking about all the animals.... And people believing they actually existed...lol

For the record, I really enjoyed working with you ... I was kind of sad I was converted (but got over that quickly enough).
Luckily I didn't really stab you in the back.... (now SnS....I have some bridge mending to do there).

Reactions: 1 user
I think that was early in the game BEFORE I was converted.

BTW, did anyone ever investigate me before conversion? I kept on claiming they did, but never really knew.

No...it was after SnS revealed you were Gunner.

And no! Not a single person investigated the Cap'n. You were watched with the spyglass a couple time I think .

Let's be honest.. that late in the game, you know I have to figure I am on borrowed time...
I'm going to be paranoid no matter what anyone says..

I kind of laughed at how easy it was to eliminate JDH and DocE in lynches. That 2 votes thing is really useful as a wolf.
I don't think JDH was gonna let me stay around too much longer.

I wasn't. Too busy in real life to try or even defend myself.

Thanks for playing! I really enjoyed your posts as Mr. Cotton ( and the dog too).

For the record, I really enjoyed working with you ... I was kind of sad I was converted (but got over that quickly enough).
Luckily I didn't really stab you in the back.... (now SnS....I have some bridge mending to do there).

I started getting suspicious of you actually when you were ignoring me about sending messages to other people to help. I'm assuming you didn't get the message I sent the night I died, but it was a kind of frustrated message. :laugh:

I wasn't. Too busy in real life to try or even defend myself.
Well... I was careful not to try it until really late in the lynch when it seemed you weren't around.
Sorry...

I sent out a trial balloon, got positive feedback and thought it worth the risk. We were debating converting you as well (hence the liar's dice question), but lynching you was easier.

I started getting suspicious of you actually when you were ignoring me about sending messages to other people to help. I'm assuming you didn't get the message I sent the night I died, but it was a kind of frustrated message. :laugh:
Actually I was planning on doing just that the previous night, or that night or something.. I thought it was a good time to branch out.
I did get the message the night you died... of course, i couldn't respond with a dead parrot.

Members don't see this ad :)
Well... I was careful not to try it until really late in the lynch when it seemed you weren't around.
Sorry...

I sent out a trial balloon, got positive feedback and thought it worth the risk. We were debating converting you as well (hence the liar's dice question), but lynching you was easier.

It was a good move.

Dear @shortnsweet

Sorry I was a dirty lying wolf... Our entire "relationship" was built on a lie. But look at it this way, it kept you alive until the end. I figured no sense in killing you while you trusted me, and I could always "protect" you when necessary. I did feel bad, a little, sort of, kind... ok not too much.. Wait... I am screwing up this apology. No really, I'm sorry, I feel really bad... :rofl:.Damn. I really meant to say I am sorry.

Well, I am sure you will get me back next time.
SOV.....

Well thanks again Phil and Dyachei.
I had fun. It was a great game.
Oh and thanks for neutering DVMD and making Lupin turtle soup. All my requests are filled!

Gnite maties....

Last One:
h91E0038B

I had lots of fun. Thanks mods!

It helps that WS bailed me out for whatever strange reason, then couldn't explain herself. I thought I was toast though. I never figured out why I was seen slipping something in cyndia's drink instead of using the greek fire. That helped me live as well.

SOV was asking me for my role, saying he had 10 other roles already (basically 2 whole groups). I was going to use Gov Swann, but luckily we were able to convert him before I did that.

I had lots of fun. Thanks mods!

It helps that WS bailed me out for whatever strange reason, then couldn't explain herself. I thought I was toast though. I never figured out why I was seen slipping something in cyndia's drink instead of using the greek fire. That helped me live as well.

SOV was asking me for my role, saying he had 10 other roles already (basically 2 whole groups). I was going to use Gov Swann, but luckily we were able to convert him before I did that.

Mod creativity (and me not reading dy's PM before doing the write up). :laugh: You got lucky on that one. Of course...what really happened is that you slipped something Cyndia's drink so she wouldn't notice you warming up the Greek Fire. (Its kinda loud...so they say.)

Dear @shortnsweet

Sorry I was a dirty lying wolf... Our entire "relationship" was built on a lie. But look at it this way, it kept you alive until the end. I figured no sense in killing you while you trusted me, and I could always "protect" you when necessary. I did feel bad, a little, sort of, kind... ok not too much.. Wait... I am screwing up this apology. No really, I'm sorry, I feel really bad... :rofl:.Damn. I really meant to say I am sorry.

Well, I am sure you will get me back next time.
SOV.....

:unsure:

Devyn fails here, I told her you can't ask about role/name/alliance.

I was going to ask Lissa if she knew who Davy Jones was, her answer would have been yes, buti didn't even ask lissa, I switched to SnS and even told devyn that.... :laugh:

Actually as the mods pointed out I was right... you would have gotten my name... which is why I sadly had to kilt you...

Yes you said you were changing to SnS, but with our past history of never trusting each other I could not be completely sure lol

Thanks Phil's Lab and Dyachei!!!! :D It was a fun and frustrating game at times hahahahaha

Just glad we somehow ended up killing SnS..... with all the protection about - esp now knowing she was unlynchable and had her own win condition

Reactions: 1 users
I think hedgie was the only one that brought up that you would have been a great convention target. Thought the villagers would jump on that quickly, but alas...
I might have...if I hadn't been converted then. :smuggrin: I was spying on our cap'n, but I never got the compass.

Oh and I should also mention that STL and DocE had the most unique requests on what to do with the jar of dirt. Thanks to you both, because I thoroughly enjoyed them! Unfortunately, the jar of dirt did nothing (except anger some of you and make SnS really happy). :laugh:

Actually as the mods pointed out I was right... you would have gotten my name... which is why I sadly had to kilt you...

Yes you said you were changing to SnS, but with our past history of never trusting each other I could not be completely sure lol

I figured by asking that it was a yes or no question. Since we weren't allowed to ask about role name/character/affiliation; I figured they would not have made anyone tell me WHO it was but just a yes or no if they knew who they were. That is how I phrased the question too. Do you know who is Davy Jones? I didn't ask... "Who is Davy Jones?" But, I guess I could see the mods making them say you, I just didn't think that would happen, because of the restrictions on the question. :shrug:

I figured by asking that it was a yes or no question. Since we weren't allowed to ask about role name/character/affiliation; I figured they would not have made anyone tell me WHO it was but just a yes or no if they knew who they were. That is how I phrased the question too. Do you know who is Davy Jones? I didn't ask... "Who is Davy Jones?" But, I guess I could see the mods making them say you, I just didn't think that would happen, because of the restrictions on the question. :shrug:

Thankfully we didn't run into this situation! :p

Glad you had fun! Though I have to admit....your role made everyone so angry. :laugh: It was super fun to watch. :D

When I got the role, I admit my first thought was that I was a wolf. My second thought was "Oh crap...I'm going to have a hard time defending myself if my role title comes out..." :laugh:

When I got the role, I admit my first thought was that I was a wolf. My second thought was "Oh crap...I'm going to have a hard time defending myself if my role title comes out..." :laugh:
Funny. when I was a villager I thought Barbarossa may be a wolf... but then when I was a wolf I really thought it made SO MUCH SENSE that you would be chaos. Of course anything that deterred attention from us was great (thank you), but I really truly believed you were chaos, and was a bit shocked you weren't. I thought I might lose a little cred over that, but everyone sort of came to the same conclusion I think.

I wasn't annoyed with the role at all. Just didn't believe you.

Funny. when I was a villager I thought Barbarossa may be a wolf... but then when I was a wolf I really thought it made SO MUCH SENSE that you would be chaos. Of course anything that deterred attention from us was great (thank you), but I really truly believed you were chaos, and was a bit shocked you weren't. I thought I might lose a little cred over that, but everyone sort of came to the same conclusion I think.

I wasn't annoyed with the role at all. Just didn't believe you.

I wanted to keep you guys on your toes. ;) Thankfully, TRH never stole the necklace from someone that needed it that night, but people were so mad when you stole the compass from them. SO MAD I can see how that would appear wolfy.

I wanted to keep you guys on your toes. ;) Thankfully, TRH never stole the necklace from someone that needed it that night, but people were so mad when you stole the compass from them. SO MAD I can see how that would appear wolfy.

I was going cross-eyed trying to understand how my role was bad for the villagers :laugh: And SOV, I believe it - you seemed quite convinced!

Let's be honest.. that late in the game, you know I have to figure I am on borrowed time...
I'm going to be paranoid no matter what anyone says..

I kind of laughed at how easy it was to eliminate JDH and DocE in lynches. That 2 votes thing is really useful as a wolf.
I don't think JDH was gonna let me stay around too much longer.

The golden rule of "Lynch anyone who pushes for an (incorrect) DocE lync" would have been useful here. And the jdh corrolary. But you guys came for me while I was in the Caribbean. I didn't have the balls (or time) to go after SOV prior to when ibwas lynched (especually given i was on vacay) but I screamed at my phone when no one else did after my BS lynch.

Devyn was 100% wolf in my book the second sns came back villager. and the mods screwed us by protecting someone whose death iimplicated a wof. But mod is god. Grrrr. How SNS didn't immediately step in and call out devyns fake role (and tgus SOVs fake seer claim) is beyobd me.

Wait...what? I checked Devyn and she came back as what she said...so I didn't know she was a wolf. The first wolfy name I got back was SOV and I said it immediately.

I meant swings, or whomever was the redhead (aka a mirror of devybs claimed role) for getting themselves lynched FOR the reason that their role resembled devyns too closely.

I believe he's referring to swings. Who contacted us on FB to say that her computer was broken but she'd have it back in 3 days. So we worked with her.

Ah...gotcha. I totally forgot about all that.

or perhaps when we killed off ws instead of TRH. because ws was unable to come back

Or that too. I think I conveniently forgot all the "controversial" stuff. :laugh:

Yea, killing off some for inactivity but saving (and actively preventing actions against) others led to 1) a belief they were important since others were uncerimonially offed and 2) artificially delayed her death for rounds, a death that would have sent many clamoring for devyns head as it was a repeated role.

I fully admit that it's much easier to say all of this after my death when I don't have to account for accusing Devyn or sobsob. I even fully admit I was pretty damn certain Sobsob was converted prior to my death and i didn't have the balls to call him out overnight, and I didn't live to the next lLynch because I was AFK and he cake for me.

All in all the villagers blew this one. Big time. They had an excellent run until tjey figured they won and got really sloppy (Something I've done) and the villagers gave it away at a point where 2 of the 3 wolves basically outed themselves