Pitt adcom meeting

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

golftrippy

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know when the next Pitt adcom meeting is?

Members don't see this ad.

I think they meet every week on Wed? or Thurs? If you email the dean he will tell you when you are going in for review.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey golftrippy. I think we interviewed on the same day (did you eat at TGI Friday's afterwards? ). I thought Dr. Curtiss said we should hear by the end of January. When I met with him, he said, "If you don't hear by the end of the month, contact me." I feel so anxious!! :scared: :luck: :luck:

Hey ntc1983, golftrippy, I think we all interviewed on the same day. (Ntc, I'm the girl who was also at Rochester way back in September...I'll get on IM sometime to talk. hope you've gotten good news from OSU!!)

Golftrippy, I don't think we talked but I definitely remember a guy w/ red hair. I was the tall asian girl who sat in the very back (not even at the table) during the fin aid session. I'm not really expecting good news, perhaps another waitlist. Good luck to you both though! PItt's great :)

funshine said:
Hey ntc1983, golftrippy, I think we all interviewed on the same day. (Ntc, I'm the girl who was also at Rochester way back in September...I'll get on IM sometime to talk. hope you've gotten good news from OSU!!)

Golftrippy, I don't think we talked but I definitely remember a guy w/ red hair. I was the tall asian girl who sat in the very back (not even at the table) during the fin aid session. I'm not really expecting good news, perhaps another waitlist. Good luck to you both though! PItt's great :)

Haha, yeah I remember both you guys, and yes me and ntc1983 and two other interviewees had a quality dinner at the TGIFridays in the airport, good times...I definately had my best time on the Pitt interview. and funshine, I definately remember you coming in the fin aid session late, I thought if I identified myself as the red-head/bed-head guy I'd be pretty obvious. This is pretty funny...I hope we all get in.

Yay for real/virtual friends! I think I'll try calling or e-mailing Dr. Curtiss tomorrow. I loved Pitt when I visited and am dying to hear from them. Good luck, you guys!

What's up everyone? Good luck to all of us waiting to hear from Pitt. I interviewed on the 13th. Its kinda cool all yous guys met each other there and now can share the agony of waiting.

Golftrippy, I think we've missed interviewing at Pitt, UNC and ECU together by only a couple days each time. Weird. Anyway, :luck: !

registered user said:
What's up everyone? Good luck to all of us waiting to hear from Pitt. I interviewed on the 13th. Its kinda cool all yous guys met each other there and now can share the agony of waiting.

Golftrippy, I think we've missed interviewing at Pitt, UNC and ECU together by only a couple days each time. Weird. Anyway, :luck: !

registered user, we would have definately enjoyed your company at the Pittsburgh airports world-famous Fridays...boy those fajitas were muy delicioso...good luck everybody :luck:

Ok, I called the admissions office today, and the lady I spoke to looked up my file. She said in went under review last Wednesday and that I should hear in the next week.

golftrippy said:
registered user, we would have definately enjoyed your company at the Pittsburgh airports world-famous Fridays...boy those fajitas were muy delicioso...good luck everybody :luck:

Did anybody find anything out today?

Hey golftrippy, you missed my post by a minute :p

ntc1983 said:
Ok, I called the admissions office today, and the lady I spoke to looked up my file. She said in went under review last Wednesday and that I should hear in the next week.

Did you try emailing the dean...would he be able to give you an answer?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hmm, I didn't try (I got too scared...yeah, I'm sad). Maybe you could try? He could probably give you a more specific answer or even your decision.

ntc1983 said:
Hmm, I didn't try (I got too scared...yeah, I'm sad). Maybe you could try? He could probably give you a more specific answer or even your decision.

Ok I got ballsy and emailed Dean Curtiss....the lady on the phone seemed upbeat when she told me I had already been reviewed...probably reading way too much into it though...can she see the decision?

I just e-mailed Dean Curtiss too. Hmm, she didn't sound upbeat when I called. =\ We're both probably reading too much into this. But I was looking at previous posters, and one person said the lady's voice on the phone sounded awkward, but then he/she got an acceptance. I think we're both a little too anxious for the decisions to come out :luck:

ntc1983 said:
I just e-mailed Dean Curtiss too. Hmm, she didn't sound upbeat when I called. =\ We're both probably reading too much into this. But I was looking at previous posters, and one person said the lady's voice on the phone sounded awkward, but then he/she got an acceptance. I think we're both a little too anxious for the decisions to come out :luck:

Hey ntc1983, the dean emailed me back. I was placed on the waitlist but he told me that my rank was high. Not a bad result this late in the game i think

golftrippy said:
Hey ntc1983, the dean emailed me back. I was placed on the waitlist but he told me that my rank was high. Not a bad result this late in the game i think

Funny story though...I accidentally emailed him back a message to my mom about being placed on the waitlist...then accidently sent him an empty message, then had to send him an apology email...i think this will help my chances :rolleyes:

I got waitlisted too, but no mention of high ranking. :( Sorry about the e-mail thing.

ntc1983 said:
I got waitlisted too, but no mention of high ranking. :( Sorry about the e-mail thing.

I'm sorry ntc1983, but I think the waitlist does move...and I think we were mostly interviewing for a waitlist...hopefully he won't care about the email thing and think it was funny

Sorry about the waitlist folks. Hopefully it will move. Anybody know if/when they send letters notifying us of our status? I am too nervous to email Dr. Curtiss.

registered user said:
Sorry about the waitlist folks. Hopefully it will move. Anybody know if/when they send letters notifying us of our status? I am too nervous to email Dr. Curtiss.

Hey you can't embarrass yourself worse than me, yes your letter has already been sent.

golftrippy said:
Hey you can't embarrass yourself worse than me, yes your letter has already been sent.

I'm not worried about emailing him, per se. I'm nervous over what his reply might contain. I liked Pitt the most of all the schools I visited and really want to go there (yes, over UNC). So, hopefully its good news. :luck: everybody

Btw, Golftrippy, if I was Dr. Curtiss and opened your email I would def laugh. i don't think it will matter one bit. And if it does, you probably don't want to end up at Pitt anyway.

registered user said:
I'm not worried about emailing him, per se. I'm nervous over what his reply might contain. I liked Pitt the most of all the schools I visited and really want to go there (yes, over UNC). So, hopefully its good news. :luck: everybody

Btw, Golftrippy, if I was Dr. Curtiss and opened your email I would def laugh. i don't think it will matter one bit. And if it does, you probably don't want to end up at Pitt anyway.

Registered User...I definately liked Pitt and Brown the best and was gonna have trouble deciding between them...and still will if I get off the waitlist, but since Pitt is your top choice I really do hope you get in man...and if you get a waitlist, make sure you write them a letter telling them they are your favorite, because there was definately a lot of movement last year.

golftrippy said:
Registered User...I definately liked Pitt and Brown the best and was gonna have trouble deciding between them...and still will if I get off the waitlist, but since Pitt is your top choice I really do hope you get in man...and if you get a waitlist, make sure you write them a letter telling them they are your favorite, because there was definately a lot of movement last year.

So my letter came today, and I got the high waitlist letter...it seemed like everyone who got this last year got in...anybody else know anything about this vs. the regular letter which says "my hope is that your application will meet with success"

"The AdCom has reviewed your credentials and considers them to be excellent. They have elected to place you on the waiting list. However, your placement on this list is high and my expectation is that your application will meet with eventual success."

good luck to you guys. i hope you you get off the waitlist soon and we can all be classmates next year :).

golftrippy said:
So my letter came today, and I got the high waitlist letter...it seemed like everyone who got this last year got in...anybody else know anything about this vs. the regular letter which says "my hope is that your application will meet with success"

"The AdCom has reviewed your credentials and considers them to be excellent. They have elected to place you on the waiting list. However, your placement on this list is high and my expectation is that your application will meet with eventual success."

Bump...

I just got an invite from Pitt.. ... UVA vs Pitt?? Thanks,

golftrippy said:

Hey, that high waitlist position sounds very promising to me! My interviewer emailed me today and told me the good news. I was in shock--I really did not expect this at all, and I kept expecting him to recall his email and tell me it was a mistake. Anyway, I hope you and ntc1983 get off the waitlist too! Start writing your letters of intent :)

hsdoc80 said:
I just got an invite from Pitt.. after my rejection back in 2005 :confused: :confused: , anyways i already got in UVA, should i even consider Pitt? what do you guys think? please any opinions ... UVA vs Pitt?? Thanks,

I would, unless you already know UVA's your top choice. The schools have very different campuses and personalities.

funshine said:
I would, unless you already know UVA's your top choice. The schools have very different campuses and personalities.

UVA was my top choice among the acceptances i got so far, especially since I wasn't considering Pitt anymore. I want to do orthopaedics eventually .. which school do you think would offer me the best preparation?

funshine said:

Hey, that high waitlist position sounds very promising to me! My interviewer emailed me today and told me the good news. I was in shock--I really did not expect this at all, and I kept expecting him to recall his email and tell me it was a mistake. Anyway, I hope you and ntc1983 get off the waitlist too! Start writing your letters of intent :)

Congrats Funshine! That's awesome...so are you going to Pitt? Problem is I don't know if I'll pick Pitt if I get in so I can't write a letter of intent...but their waitlist is ranked to the number so I'm not sure it makes a difference either way.

Ntc1983...you WILL get off one of those waitlists, I know it!

Hey guys, thanks! Yeah, I have to say I'm also not sure where I'm going yet because honestly, aside from rank, the schools all seem equally good for my purposes, just different. If I were as gung-ho and ambitious as I was 4 years ago, I'd choose Pitt for sure, but after burning out multiple times in undergrad, I'm going to choose more wisely this time. good luck at your OSU interview, ntc! I loved it there.

Does anyone know if Pitt is still sending out interview invites? I was complete early-nov and haven't heard anything yet...

tweetledee said:
Does anyone know if Pitt is still sending out interview invites? I was complete early-nov and haven't heard anything yet...

They are actually still sending invites supposedly, but if you've followed the board you've noticed that very few accpetances going out as of late...mostly interviewing for waitlist, which makes funshines acceptance all the more impressive

So I got my letter yesterday. F***ing waitlist :thumbdown: :mad: :( . Since I already sent them a letter of intent, I'm not sure what else to do. I guess I'll find out from them where I stand on the list. Very disappointed.

For those who are on the waitlist or acceppted: If you know you won't be going to Pitt, please tell them. Folks like myself who would love to go there are waiting for your spot. However, I understand waiting for them to give you a finaid package.

Peace and hair grease

registered user said:
So I got my letter yesterday. F***ing waitlist :thumbdown: :mad: :( . Since I already sent them a letter of intent, I'm not sure what else to do. I guess I'll find out from them where I stand on the list. Very disappointed.

For those who are on the waitlist or acceppted: If you know you won't be going to Pitt, please tell them. Folks like myself who would love to go there are waiting for your spot. However, I understand waiting for them to give you a finaid package.

Peace and hair grease

Sorry registered user...I was really hoping you would get in...but the waitlist, even the regular waitlist does not mean its over. Last year it seemed everybody got in with high waitlist and lots of people got in with regular waitlist...the list is ranked but I know they won't tell you where you are other than high vs. regular, but a LOI should definately help regardless...good luck man, I'm rooting for you...and maybe we'll both hear from UNC some point this decade