Pitt automatic invites

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

YupGypsy

Banne*d for Tr*olling
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Pitt told me in an e-mail they don't hand out "automatic invites." Data here proves otherwise. Do you guys mind sharing your #'s?
Maybe there was something they didn't like about my application?

Members don't see this ad.

Pitt told me in an e-mail they don't hand out "automatic invites." Data here proves otherwise. Do you guys mind sharing your #'s?
Maybe there was something they didn't like about my application?

maybe they interpret "automatic invite" as purely based on numbers. it seems that the supposed "automatic interviews" that we've seen on here have been based on an inital review of the primary application. i think they review the primary, decide on people that will definitely get an interview, and then set up the computer to send those people the interview invite shortly after submitting the secondary. but i could be wrong.

Perhaps you could share exactly what they said in the email?

Members don't see this ad :)
"Hi,

We do not have automatic interviews, each application is reviewed once
completed and will take up to 6-8 weeks for applicants to hear from us.
Thank you."

What a load of crap

You can fool some people sometimes, but you can't fool all the people all the time...

"Hi,

We do not have automatic interviews, each application is reviewed once
completed and will take up to 6-8 weeks for applicants to hear from us.
Thank you."

What a load of crap

Kypdurron got his processed and got the email for interview within 1-2 days. I'm calling BS on that email too. And it makes sense. If word spread that automatic invites were given, their office would be swamped with letters.

Next time, PastJast you should ask for an electronic signature that goes something like "I certify that the contents of this email are correct and if it turns out that they are erroneous I could be subject to a lawsuit or at the very least an asswhuppin."

Maybe throw in a 20 dollar fee.

Obviously they won't tell you that yes, they did have a computer handout interviews based on some pre-determined numbers. They must think applicants don't talk :laugh:

I'm thinking they screen GPA > 3.8, and mine isn't, can anyone attest to this?

Someone with a 3.8 who didn't apply to UPitt please do so and lets see.

I got one automatically yesterday. I'm 3.7, 38q

I got an invite at Pitt the morning after submitting my secondary with a 3.59/3.45 BCPM so it's not exclusively GPA. I guessed that it was my MCAT that wrangled me the interview (39). Or maybe they just really like Idaho applicants...

no on the MCAT either because non-35+ have been getting them too. What the heck

Incidentally,
I submitted my AMCAS 7/14, and it wasn't verified until 8/21. I got the Pitt secondary on 8/22 and submitted it on the same day. The invite came on 8/23.

Either Pitt looks at primaries before verification or they give interviews based on #s.

Members don't see this ad :)
I got an invite at Pitt the morning after submitting my secondary with a 3.59/3.45 BCPM so it's not exclusively GPA. I guessed that it was my MCAT that wrangled me the interview (39). Or maybe they just really like Idaho applicants...

just had to ask...i saw your mdapplicants profile. what exactly is a "legacy interview" at Penn?

Nearly all the Pitt interviews on SDN were offered within 24 hours of secondary submission. There is NO WAY that this could happen without an automatic system. You figure that if human beings were reviewing the applications at least a few of them would take awhile.

I can't believe that Pitt is also denying this. How dumb do they think we are?

Incidentally,
I submitted my AMCAS 7/14, and it wasn't verified until 8/21. I got the Pitt secondary on 8/22 and submitted it on the same day. The invite came on 8/23.

Either Pitt looks at primaries before verification or they give interviews based on #s.

I know a few people who had a much higher GPA and MCAT than me who did not get an interview invite right away, but I got my interview invite about 6 hours after I submitted the secondary.

They probably read the primaries and send certain people invites as soon as they submit a secondary.

By the way, I have a <35 MCAT and <3.5 GPA. I submitted my 2ary at 11 p.m. and got the interview invite at 5 a.m. (And I'm not a minority or disadvantaged.)

They must read the primary.

I know a few people who had a much higher GPA and MCAT than me who did not get an interview invite right away, but I got my interview invite about 6 hours after I submitted the secondary.

They probably read the primaries and send certain people invites as soon as they submit a secondary.

By the way, I have a <35 MCAT and <3.5 GPA. I submitted my 2ary at 11 p.m. and got the interview invite at 5 a.m. (And I'm not a minority or disadvantaged.)

They must read the primary.

I agree. I think they grant their "automatic interviews" based purely on the primary, they specify that person as someone who will be invited once their primary has been decided on, and they have an automated system that issues the invite once the secondary is in. I assume they invite people in a more traditional way as well, and I would be interested to find out whether this other wave of interviews uses the secondary or not.

i got mine within 24 hrs. 3.79. 40. it appears they review the amcas app very attentively and then choose to give u an interview. they then give you the interview once you submit your check and secondary.

I interviewed yesterday as a result of one of their "non-automatic invites," without my committee letter being started, let alone received by them. One of the presentations was from one of the higher ups in the admissions office. She was talking about how the process went after your interview and told us:

"When your interviewers submit their evaluations, your status is changed in our system to 'complete.' Well, sometimes we have to wait for the rest of the application to come in, but regardless, once everything is in, your status is changed to 'complete'..."

So does Pitt offer more interviews than most schools, or do they just offer them faster?

I interviewed yesterday as a result of one of their "non-automatic invites," without my committee letter being started, let alone received by them. One of the presentations was from one of the higher ups in the admissions office. She was talking about how the process went after your interview and told us:

"When your interviewers submit their evaluations, your status is changed in our system to 'complete.' Well, sometimes we have to wait for the rest of the application to come in, but regardless, once everything is in, your status is changed to 'complete'..."

how was your interview? mine is next friday!

Pitt hates me. 8 days since submission and counting.

going to Pitt on Monday. Am both excited and nervous.:scared:

I had the invite within 12 hours.

3.71 OA, 3.77 BCPM, 36.

So does Pitt offer more interviews than most schools, or do they just offer them faster?

Both. According to USNEws, Pitt had around 5,000 applicants and gave about 1,200 invites. This is slightly higher than most schools with the same amount of applicants. I think the average is around 700 interviews. The UC's give about 500. Harvard actually gives about the same ratio as Pitt.