Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

Pitt, Dartmouth, G'Town or Hopkins

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by Woodstock, Nov 23, 2005.

1. Woodstock

Woodstock Member
    5+ Year Member

Which would you pick? I loved all of these schools and feel that they each have something different and special to offer. I am from MD so it would be nice to be close to family, but D'mouth would offer a new, cool experience, and Pitt was pretty rad. I'm also interested more in clinical work rather than research.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. hpm4

hpm4 Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    So from what I heard, Georgetown's tuition increases every year by ~5000 dollars so that was a major negative for me. As for Dartmouth, the Hanover/Lebanon area is beautiful if you like winter weather/sports but there is basically nothing to do outside of campus unless you want to drive at least an hour. Pittsburgh is a great town and I was really impressed with the students there. Hopkins is excellent, but as I'm sure you know, the hospital isnt in the best area. If it were up to me I would go with Hopkins or Pitt. Good luck!!!

4. DrHuang

DrHuang SDN Donor
    10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    wow, amazing choices! Id have to go hopkins because of its amazing rep, georgetown because of my personal experience with it (its a great school), dartmouth and then pitt

5. 63768

63768 Guest
    2+ Year Member

Medical Student
    hopkins. i visited as an undergrad and their campus, program, everything is amazing. too bad i won't get in.