OhtheSilliness

Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jan 18, 2006
147
0
Status
Pre-Medical
Has anyone gotten an interview invite from Pitt?? I just got it today, but the thing is I just turn my secondary in yesterday and the website says they still haven't received my letters of recommendation. Was this a mistake?
 

Risa

like Lisa with an R
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Aug 31, 2005
1,237
0
Status
Medical Student
The same thing happened to me (and a bunch of other SDNers) last year--I got the invite literally a few hours after clicking "submit" on my secondary.

You're good to go--congrats and have fun! Pitt is awesome.
 

Aurora013

Member
10+ Year Member
Jun 27, 2006
110
1
Status
Pre-Medical
OhtheSilliness said:
Has anyone gotten an interview invite from Pitt?? I just got it today, but the thing is I just turn my secondary in yesterday and the website says they still haven't received my letters of recommendation. Was this a mistake?

Nope. I sent my secondary in Saturday night, got an invite Sunday afternoon, and the committee hasn't even started my letter yet. However, I'm registered on their website as already having an interview (and I double checked to make sure).
 
About the Ads

jackieMD2007

***MVI***
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Apr 23, 2006
2,510
4
The Hospital
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Do all of you have like a 3.7 and a 35+ on the MCAT?

If you don't mind putting your stats that would be awesome. I just want to know what the deal is, if they auto-interview based on stats.
 

Risa

like Lisa with an R
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Aug 31, 2005
1,237
0
Status
Medical Student
jackieMD2007 said:
Do all of you have like a 3.7 and a 35+ on the MCAT?

If you don't mind putting your stats that would be awesome. I just want to know what the deal is, if they auto-interview based on stats.
I think our conclusion last year was that they do auto-interview, although I don't remember what we decided the cutoffs were. Here's my mdapplicants page as one data point.

:luck:
 

Aurora013

Member
10+ Year Member
Jun 27, 2006
110
1
Status
Pre-Medical
jackieMD2007 said:
Do all of you have like a 3.7 and a 35+ on the MCAT?

If you don't mind putting your stats that would be awesome. I just want to know what the deal is, if they auto-interview based on stats.

3.75 (3.72 BCPM), 37Q
 

R.P. McMurphy

Guest
10+ Year Member
Apr 23, 2006
2,958
1
Status
Pre-Medical
Risa said:
I think our conclusion last year was that they do auto-interview, although I don't remember what we decided the cutoffs were. Here's my mdapplicants page as one data point.

:luck:
wow, for all the people who say you need research to get into a top school:

Going to Harvard....no research whatsoever! lol

Congrats!
 

joanofarc0907

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jul 6, 2006
550
3
Status
Resident [Any Field]
I got an interview 7/17. I'm at the beach and I just found out today though!! Soooo excited.

I have 31M and 3.90 GPA

Spendin' my 21st birthday in Pitt with my brother, hopin' for an acceptance.
 

Quix

Herr Professor
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
Jul 8, 2006
2,660
8
43
Lake Charles, LA
Status
Academic Administration
joanofarc0907 said:
I got an interview 7/17. I'm at the beach and I just found out today though!! Soooo excited.

I have 31M and 3.90 GPA

Spendin' my 21st birthday in Pitt with my brother, hopin' for an acceptance.
Hit East Carson Street; you'll have a good time.
 
About the Ads