Pitt Loan Lenders

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

personal jesus

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey people who applied for fin aid at Pitt, what loan lender did you choose? I am leaning towards T.H.E. loans but wanted to see if anyone chose Medloans or access.

Members don't see this ad.

when did you guys receive your award package?

Members don't see this ad :)
i haven't received anything yet. nor was i sent anything about choosing a lender.

didnt you guys have to send in a master promisary note? i thought to do so you had to have choosen a lender. im probably wrong i guess. if so then where did you get the promisary note?

i haven't heard anything about the master promissory note yet. when i called to ask if they had everything they needed, they said yes. i was under the impression that the MPN didn't need to be filled out yet.

"New Stafford Borrowers (those borrowing at the SOM for the first time) will need to select a lender and complete a Master Promissory Note."

this is from the fin aid website.

i was under the same impression as rosewater.

personal jesus said:
"New Stafford Borrowers (those borrowing at the SOM for the first time) will need to select a lender and complete a Master Promissory Note."

this is from the fin aid website.

I believe this will only be done after they present you with an initial FA package. Those are set to go out by the end of April, according to Pitt's offices. I don't think finding a lender will be much of a hassle. The school will set up you up nicely to find one if need be.

OK ill called and figured it out. you guys are all right. we choose a lender during the summer and fill out the promisary note then. thanks for everyones help