• AMA with Certified Student Loan Professional

Join SDN on December 7th at 6:00 PM Eastern as we host Andrew Paulson of StudentLoanAdvice.com for an AMA webinar. He'll be answering your questions about how to best manage your student loans. Register now!

Pitt or Buffalo

About the Ads

Regmata

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Feb 29, 2004
  1. Resident [Any Field]
    I think Buffalo probably offers a better education, but PITT is very well thought of. In deciding between the two, I personally would take price and location as my primary reasons for one program over another. Considering that they are both rust belt cities (although I think Pitt has recently undergone some major improvements), I would probably weigh the cost more. If you are a resident of either state, go to that school...if not, go to the one that you feel you will be more comfortable with. I cannot speak for PITT, but at Buffalo the students are generally happy with both the school and our social lives...

Good luck with your decision, either way...you can't lose

dantheman2007

10+ Year Member
    Jan 12, 2007
      they are both great schools.
      if i had been accepted ( i got waitlisted) to buffalo i would have a hard time deciding between the two.
      it all depends on what ur looking for in a school and what kind of environment would allow u to be successful

Farantino

15+ Year Member
      Sep 29, 2005
      Enchanted Forest
      1. Medical Student
        which one did you end up picking? I've been to both schools for interview, and pittsburgh might have the look of a metro city but it might just be too expensive without much to offer. Night life suffers in both cities in the winter, but at least there's Toronto just a couple of hours away from Buffalo.

About the Ads
        This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
        2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
        3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
        4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
        5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
        6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
        7. This thread is locked.