1. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

Pitt Status

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by Suz177, Oct 25, 2001.

1. Suz177

Suz177 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

So, I checked my online status at Pitt this morning and it said a correspondance was mailed to me yesterday. Does this basically mean I was rejected or do they sometimes snail mail interview invites?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Aoshi

Aoshi Member
    7+ Year Member

my interview invite was via snail mail. So it might not be a rejection. Hang in there...

4. Dr. Kermit

Dr. Kermit Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

SUZ- did you hear from pitt. after reading your post, i looked at my status check and had the same thing. i live in pittsburgh, but didn't have any mail from them today! i'm hoping that some at pitt loves me!

5. Suz177

Suz177 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

I'm from Pittsburgh, too (I just go to school in Cleveland), so I'm hoping Pitt loves me too! I have a rec. from a prof there that I did research w/, so I'll be pretty hurt if I don't get an interview.

6. Dr. Kermit

Dr. Kermit Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

My correspondence was sent yesterday, so good or bad, I should get something tomorrow and I'll let you know either way!

7. USeF

USeF sunny L.A.
    10+ Year Member

Guess they were churning out those 'correspondences' last week, because mine was sent Oct 19. wow, that's a week ago and still hasn't arrived. Hopefully because it's heavy and not a thin 1 page letter ;)

8. Dr. Kermit

Dr. Kermit Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Well, still no letter from Pitt! It really doesn't take 2 days for anything to get from one zip code in Pittsburgh to another. I'm wondering if there was some computer glitch? Anyone else heard from them lately?

9. Hopkins2010

Hopkins2010 Membership Revoked
    Removed

I thought Pitt doesnt start accepting people until Feb or March (arent they non rolling admissions?)

So if they are sending you something, it must be a rejection or hold notice I'm thinking. Hope I'm wrong though.

Good luck. By the way, I interviewed there on 10/1-10/2 and I'm just now sending them my secondary.

10. time quaker

time quaker Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

I received an interview just within the last few days from them by snail mail and my status page did not say anything before hand...

11. Suz177

Suz177 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

I'm just looking for an interview invitation, not a final answer. Anyways, it shouldn't take 3 days for mail to get from pittsburgh to cleveland, either. I wonder what's up with this.

12. Dr. Kermit

Dr. Kermit Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Took Pitt 3 days in a very snooty letter to reject me. Oh well, at least I know I won't be in Pittsburgh next year (for school) at least!

13. Aoshi

Aoshi Member
    7+ Year Member

just remember that mail service has been slowed down a bit with the anthrax scare. Also, Pitt is not rolling...the dean told me in person that they won't send out any acceptances until late Feb/early March

14. SicVic

SicVic Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

How did you get Pitts Secondary???

15. Pitt sends their secondary through the mail.

16. USeF

USeF sunny L.A.
    10+ Year Member

Got that one page interview invite yesterday! Sweet. Got secondary in mail 8/24. Sent in 8/30 and 'correspondence' (what a PC term) was sent on 10/19 and just received 10/27.

Since they are rolling, I'm going to try and group it up with other northern invites (if I receive anymore) to minimize travel time/expenses.

Little tangential here, but does anyone know if Pitt is P/F and NO ranking? That second clause is a little more rare (or so U Chicago students tell us) :)

17. MiamiMarmot

MiamiMarmot Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Hi All,

I just checked the site, and a correspondance was mailed to me on Oct 24th. Is there any way to tell if this is a rejection or an interview invite? (I'm scared) :)

18. choker

choker Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

if you haven't gotten a secondary yet, it's prob. a reject, if you have sent in your secondary, it's either.

good luck.

19. MiamiMarmot

MiamiMarmot Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Yeah, I sent in their secondary a *long* time ago, so I am hoping that I will get a positive message this week. I can't take another rejection right now: I got the boot from Chicago-Pritzker this Saturday.