Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Pitt waiting list

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by alenyshka, Apr 16, 2004.

1. alenyshka

alenyshka New Member

Are any of you with acceptances to Pitt plan to give it up? Is there a hope to get off the Pitt wait list?

2. edik

edik Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Medical Student
    Gave up mine last week... Good luck.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Sean2tall

Sean2tall Pathology Resident
    10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    I think there is definitely hope. It seems to me like Pitt is a pretty terrific school, but there are still many people who don't consider it their first choice. There will definitely be a good number of people withdrawing, but the question is: will there be a lot more withdrawals than Pitt counted into their original acceptance number?

Anyhow, I'm on the waiting list too! Go waitlist!

Good Luck :luck:

4. chintu

chintu Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Seems like pitt has placed a lot of applicants on waitlist. Also makes me wonder what my chances could be. It seems to me that not a lot of applicants have been rejected post-interview right away. So if pitt accepts ~400 applicants out of ~800 interviees and not a lot of em are rejected post-interview, it seems like chances of getting off waitlist are not as high as one may think. I am just making guesses here, but does anyone know of anyone rejected post interview without a waitlist from pitt.

5. kayw028

kayw028 Member
    7+ Year Member

yep, one person on sdn here listed that they were rejected post interview. so they're out there...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. Sean2tall

Sean2tall Pathology Resident
    10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    More than one. . . At least 2-3 I can think of

7. alenyshka

alenyshka New Member

I also was not told where in the WL I was placed, no score info, not how big the waitlist is. I feel it's unfair for Pitt to withhold this

8. TheRussian

TheRussian Life Size Mirror
    7+ Year Member