Pitt waiting list

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

alenyshka

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Are any of you with acceptances to Pitt plan to give it up? Is there a hope to get off the Pitt wait list?

Members don't see this ad.

Gave up mine last week... Good luck.

I think there is definitely hope. It seems to me like Pitt is a pretty terrific school, but there are still many people who don't consider it their first choice. There will definitely be a good number of people withdrawing, but the question is: will there be a lot more withdrawals than Pitt counted into their original acceptance number?

Anyhow, I'm on the waiting list too! Go waitlist!

Good Luck :luck:

Members don't see this ad :)
Seems like pitt has placed a lot of applicants on waitlist. Also makes me wonder what my chances could be. It seems to me that not a lot of applicants have been rejected post-interview right away. So if pitt accepts ~400 applicants out of ~800 interviees and not a lot of em are rejected post-interview, it seems like chances of getting off waitlist are not as high as one may think. I am just making guesses here, but does anyone know of anyone rejected post interview without a waitlist from pitt.

yep, one person on sdn here listed that they were rejected post interview. so they're out there...

kayw028 said:
yep, one person on sdn here listed that they were rejected post interview. so they're out there...

More than one. . . At least 2-3 I can think of

I also was not told where in the WL I was placed, no score info, not how big the waitlist is. I feel it's unfair for Pitt to withhold this