1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Pitt?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by bubster9, Nov 18, 2001.

1. bubster9

bubster9 Crown Prince
    10+ Year Member

What is Pitt med like? What's it like for out of state applcants? It's a private school so why woulod instate and out of state tuition be different?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. sar520

sar520 Member
    7+ Year Member

hey -

i saw pitt in october and liked it. it's private, so no discount for pennsylvanians. but they have a great medical center and the students seemed pretty happy. and i thought pittsburg was much cooler than i had thought it was going to be!

good luck!

-s

4. mpp

mpp SDN Moderator
    Moderator Emeritus 10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    <a href="http://www.dean-med.pitt.edu/procedure/app_pro_01.html" target="_blank">University of Pittsburgh Admissions Page</a>

Some preference is given to Pennsylvania residents as it is somewhat state supported. Tution is different from in-state and out-of-state students.

5. sar520

sar520 Member
    7+ Year Member

wow, you are DEFINITELY right. i'm really sorry about that!

--s

6. USeF

USeF sunny L.A.
    10+ Year Member

Here's a thread in the allopathic forum where a person was choosing between Pitt and G-town:

<a href="http://www.studentdoctor.net/cgi-bin/ubbcgi/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=2&t=001102" target="_blank">http://www.studentdoctor.net/cgi-bin/ubbcgi/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=2&t=001102</a>

7. tonem

tonem Senior Member
    15+ Year Member

I agree with that string

8. USeF

USeF sunny L.A.
    10+ Year Member

hope everyone's Thanksgiving break is going well.

What's with Pitt med school's webpage being down? Did anyone bookmark the student hosting site that could forward it to me? I was just about to email a guy this week and said 'bah, wait til the weekend' and now I can't get to that page.

9. SMW

SMW Grand Member
    7+ Year Member

Doesn't the site being down mean they're updating it? Don't they post when they send letters out? I'm hoping to find that they've sent me something when it's back up! Tired of looking at my app is under review! USeFthe Bull, you're interviewing there? Hope it goes well. Good luck. !! Having an awesome Thanksgiving. The Northern Lights are out, and I'm to observe my first birth tonight (preparatory to being a birthing assistant to a midwife)!! :D :D