1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Pitt

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by DNM503, Nov 25, 2005.

1. DNM503

DNM503 Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

Hey, does anybody know if the University of Pittsburgh emails you a complete notice, or is it just determined by your status on the website? Thanks!

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. karat

karat Member
    5+ Year Member

Medical Student
    No idea. I haven't heard from them, but my status page indicates that everything is in so I'm assuming I'm complete there....

By the way, I'm so freakin' mad at pitt. What's the point of "screening" secondaries when they give out pre-sec invites? It seems that they pretty much decide to interview based on the amcas...and those who get interviews after their secondary seem to get it soon after they submit. I, on the other hand, submitted the pitt secondary over a month ago. Where's my damn rejection? And what's the point of sending me the secondary...was my diversity essay really that bad that based on it, they decided not to interview me? BS...they decided that based on my amcas, yet they got me all excited by sending me a secondary! Bastards.

Anyone feeling my rage? Let's commiserate....

4. DNM503

DNM503 Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

I have more rage against my undergraduate school that neglected to send them my letters of recommendation (I submitted the secondary 10/1...I realized this 11/9). I actually am very very interested in Pitt, too, which sucks.

Which brings me to this point...I don't really want to complain because I've been veryyyyyyyyyyyy fortunate in this med school application process so far with respect to interviews and acceptances, but...is anyone else having like more problems with other people messing up their application process than with making their own mistakes??? My school randomly forgot to include schools on VirtualEvals even though I requested them and they confirmed that the letters had been posted. NYU lost my application and I had to fax them bank statements. And I had to call Jefferson to get them to update my LOR status after 2 and a half months.

My advice to future applicants-- DOUBLE CHECK EVERYTHING!!! Twice!!! :)