Pitt's Brochure/Booklet

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lola

Bovine Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
:clap:

Yay for Pitt! It was so refreshing to receive information from them that was more than a letter referring you to their website. I wish more schools would send information like this. The booklet definitely sold me on the school.

Members don't see this ad.

Yeah, it's really really good! A bit too big though. It won't fit into any folders. :p I'm still not sure about PBL though. :idea:

lola- i totally agree with you!

I stare at a computer screen all day at work. When I go home to read up on med schools, I want a book, not another computer screen! :)
Go Pitt! :)

NJMS also sent out a nice little booklet. :clap: Still not exactly sure if it's my number one yet though.... (it's 1.5 right now)

good luck :)

Members don't see this ad :)
so goes GW. did you guys not get that yet?

I didn't apply to GW.

As for PBL... I'm not too sure about it either. They say it's 1/3 of the curriculum which seems like a good amount. I definitely don't want more than that as I tend to learn better from someone lecturing than from reading a book. I also enjoy listening to the material more than reading it! But I also feel like it's a good way to learn to solve medical problems and is a good way to get to know your classmates.

I agree - the only time I have to look at this stuff right now is curling up for bed - who does that with a computer?? So a printed version is nice to have. However, I think Pitt's brochure is a particularly convincing brochure - really sells it as a huamistic approach to medicine.

The NJMS brochure made me chuckle - I mean I know Newark and the photos they picked make it look ...umm....'ideal'....all the same, I still would like to go to this school.

And as to the GW brochure - it felt kind of poor quality compared to the others, to me. I did think it was interesting that an SDNer was one of the students quoted, and I always think pictures of DC look inspiring...but the general quality of the writing and presentation was a little poor compared to the others.

And the Penn book...did anyone else notice that the people got progressively "homier" from really cute on the first two pages to physics majors on the last few??

GW's brochure was pretty nice, but I think Pitt's is a lot better. GW should have put more pictures of the new hospital in its packet, 'cuz it really is nice. Right when you get out of the subway station, the new hospital is right on top of you. It's really cool. :)

Originally posted by Wahoo07
GW should have put more pictures of the new hospital in its packet, 'cuz it really is nice. Right when you get out of the subway station, the new hospital is right on top of you. It's really cool. :)

I second that - I think GW would be a great school to go to, which is why I felt the brochure could have been better - they really didn't sell their strengths too well.

Originally posted by the boy wonder
And the Penn book...did anyone else notice that the people got progressively "homier" from really cute on the first two pages to physics majors on the last few??

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

WTF is going on here?!?! I did my amcas a month ago, and i have not got anything from Pitt and i live in pittsubrgh!! ARGH!!!! +pissed+

Don't worry. I live literally ten minutes away from DC, yet people living in California got GW's secondary a week before me. :confused: Maybe the same thing is going on. I believe that Pitt is also screening, so perhaps something bad happened there. :( It's still too early to worry, so don't freak out yet. :)

Originally posted by Femtochemistry
WTF is going on here?!?! I did my amcas a month ago, and i have not got anything from Pitt and i live in pittsubrgh!! ARGH!!!! +pissed+

Go to the Pitt web site and check your status with your AMCAS id# to see if they have received your app. Mine was received on the 23rd and I haven't heard anything yet from them.

I now hate U Pitt. They've already rejected me! :mad:

Originally posted by kaos
I now hate U Pitt. They've already rejected me! :mad:

How did they notify you? Was it through the status page or did they send you an e-mail or a letter?

Originally posted by Explosivo

How did they notify you? Was it through the status page or did they send you an e-mail or a letter?

They send me a letter. Personally signed, too.:mad:

I agree, for the $100, 000 we will be paying for med school they could at least send us a damm brochure:mad: Looking at websites all day, get just a bit draining. I love reading about schools on the plane or "other" places:laugh: