Pittsburgh and Vanderbilt Secondaries

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MiamiMarmot

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi All,

Does anyone know the secondary questions for Pittsburgh and/or Vanderbilt?

Thanks a lot, and good luck to everyone!

Members don't see this ad.

I received Vanderbilt's secondary last week and its pretty long, it includes two pages for an autobiography. I probably won't complete it until next week. Good luck!!!!

I have not received either of these secondaries and I applied to both schools. What is going on?!?!? It seems like most people have had these for a week

Members don't see this ad :)
Never fear, neither have I, and I also applied to both. Do you live in a rural area, by any chance? New Yorkers and LAers tend to be about 4 days ahead of me, regardless of where the mail is coming from. My modem works just as quickly as anybody else's, though. http://www.studentdoctor.net/ubb/wink.gif

Applied to both, no word from pitt yet, but here are they vandy ?s (I got the secondary yesterday):

1. Write a brief autobiography. Give as complete and precise as possible a picture of youself, your family and events you considered important in your background. In doing so, identify the values that are of greatest importance to you. If you have completed your undergraduate education, please comment on what you have done or are doing since graduation. (2 pages given)

2. In addition to preparing you to be an excellent physician, Vanderbilt is committed to educating leaders and scholars in clinical practice, basic research, clinical research, education, and health policy. Describe any skills or experiences that have prepared you for one or more of these broad missions. (half page given)

3. What research or scholarly activity would you be interested in pursuing as a medical student? (half page given)

GOOD LUCK!

people have been asking about the vandy secondary soo.... bump

Coop,

Thanks for the Vandy secondary, you helped me fill it out before it arrived in my mailbox! Now if I can only find out the questions on the Pitt secondary...

That is of course if you pass the initial screening for Vandy :)

What I found when I did a search of the Vanderbilt website for the secondary application, was slightly different than what was posted but just in terms of the limits.

Complete Essay One. Write a brief autobiography. Give as complete and precise as possible, a picture of your self , your family and events you considered important in your background. In doing so, identify the values that are of greatest importance to you. If you have completed your undergraduate education, please comment on what you have done or are doing since graduation. Note that there is a 2000 word limit.

Complete Essay Two. In addition to preparing you to be an excellent physician, Vanderbilt is committed to educating leaders and scholars in clinical practice, basic research, clinical research, education, and health policy. Describe any skills or experiences that have prepared you for one or more of these broader missions. Note that there is a 500 word limit.

Complete Essay Three. What research or scholarly activity would you be interested in pursuing as a medical student? Note that there is a 500 word limit.

Someone else posted that essay one had a limit of two pages, and essays two and three a limit of a half a page, which is a bit different from what I found. Is what I found wrong? Has someone actually gotten access to the website (I'm still waiting to hear from them).

Thanks.

Vanderbilt is no longer screen primary applications. See Here.

So did anybody get a Pitt's secondary after sending them a printed AMCAS??