Pittsburgh or Nova? Which would YOU choose?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Smurfy

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am from Florida, so I have been leaning towards Nova. Price is very similar and I really like a lot of things about both programs. I am worried because it is a big decision.

Which would YOU choose? Any thoughts on the schools for me?

Members don't see this ad.

Don't quote me, but I believe you can get in state residency fairly soon for PITT.

You do the math...

Don't quote me, but I believe you can get in state residency fairly soon for PITT.

You do the math...

That's only for a few selective students. The difference between in state and out of state at Pitt is about not a significant amount in my opinion.

IN state at Pitt: 35,108
Out of state at Pitt: 42,412

Not that big of a difference

Nova is almost 49,000 a year. So IF I got in state at Pitt, there would be a good difference in price.

So with that information, I still don't know what school to choose?

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
I am from Florida, so I have been leaning towards Nova. Price is very similar and I really like a lot of things about both programs. I am worried because it is a big decision.

Definitely Nova man... Come on... you should not only think about the school, but also the area in which you'll live... do you want to spend your weekends in pitt or do you want to spend them on the sunny beaches of Ft. Lauderdale?

Definitely Nova man... Come on... you should not only think about the school, but also the area in which you'll live... do you want to spend your weekends in pitt or do you want to spend them on the sunny beaches of Ft. Lauderdale?

Yeah, I am from Florida and I am a baby when it comes to the cold. Being close to home and in the state that I will be practicing in is very important to me. But I just worry that I am putting to much weight on location and facilities?

Don't get me wrong, the people at Nova are really nice too and they seem to be happy with the curriculum. But seats are an issue as I have heard..

I am from Florida as well. I have been accepted to Nova and I have an interview at Pitt in Feb. I really like Nova, but if I am accepted to Pitt, it will be peace to the southeast..haha:laugh:

It really all comes down to personal preference. The bottom line should be: "where will I be happier?" And Smurfy, only you can answer that (and only you can prevent forrest fires :thumbup:)

I pick Nova. I think the program is solid and students are mostly happy. You can go to any university and find an unhappy student. Chairs can be an issue, but if you put in the efforts you'll easily surpass requirements. I have friends who currently attend and tell me of students who have already finished all requirements and just choose the cases they find interesting now. The weather is beautiful, but the school is expensive. I really enjoyed what i saw and would feel comfortable attending Nova. Be grateful to have the opportunity to choose and just follow your gut.

what? smurfy can prevent forest parents!?! well i was lied to as a child..

what? smurfy can prevent forest parents!?! well i was lied to as a child..

Haha..sorry about my mispelling of forest first of all... And don't worry, you weren't lied to! I made that smoky the bear comment because it popped in my head when I said "Only you can answer that." Had nothing to do with the name "smurfy."

Personally, the one which is closer to home... :)