Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
One student, in a message posted on the Student Doctor Network Web site, www.studentdoctor.net, expressed relief that his June 23 application had finally been processed.

That's me!!!!!!

"A little over nine weeks, huh?" came a reply. "You must have been on the VIP list or something to get such quick service."

And that's Smoke This!!!!!!!

"The final result will not be affected by what happened." Are you kidding me. What fantasy land do these people live in and how do I get in.

Members don't see this ad :)
Originally posted by rxfudd:
•That's me!•

Rxfudd, you are well on your way to stardom, with this and the other newspaper thing. Can I be a roadie when you make it big? ;)

Originally posted by Jamier2:
•Rxfudd, you are well on your way to stardom, with this and the other newspaper thing. Can I be a roadie when you make it big? ;)

Only if you wear a bandana - like the roadies for The Boss do.

Is he serious? Now I have been trying to keep a level head throughout this fiasco, but this is rediculous! Spread the word? If that is not the dumbest statement I've heard from Cohen, then I don't know what is. Maybe some of you were contacted, but I never recieved any instructions from AMCAS suggesting that I send paper applications to schools. You don't "spread the word" you idiot, you send out an email to everyone with specificly stating such instructions. If it were not for SDN I would not have mailed out copies.

How is this year's process going to be "as fair and equitable as ever when July submittals are being verified before June submittals? In addition, interviews are being offered sometimes without a complete unverified AMCAS and secondary.

It is impossible for this years application process to be an absolutely fair one. As the medical school admissions process is subjective enough, AMCAS's problems only further convolute it inaccuracies. Many schools will be unable to review applicants with same detail as year's past. It is unfair for applicants to experience so many problems. What so frustrating is that the AMCAS monopoly has left them at their mercy. By studying hard and dedicating ourselves to helping others, we have done our job to be strong medical school applicants. It's about time AMCAS does theirs.

Sorry for the typos. I was at a barbeque when I wrote the last post.