Program-Specific Info / Q's Pittsburgh Schools 2021-2022

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cheersforyou

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi! I was just curious if anyone has heard from Pittsburgh area schools like Chatham, Carlow, Pitt, Slippery Rock etc. I heard from Slippery Rock recently and am hoping to hear from others before I make a deposit! :)

Members don't see this ad.

Hi! I was just curious if anyone has heard from Pittsburgh area schools like Chatham, Carlow, Pitt, Slippery Rock etc. I heard from Slippery Rock recently and am hoping to hear from others before I make a deposit! :)
rejected from Chatham!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi! I got a waitlist from Pitt last week!
Hey! Did they send that information through OTCAS? My application is under review and I'm hoping to hear soon.

Update: I was accepted to Pitt!

Last edited:
Hey I got accepted into SRU too! Do you think you’ll be going there? I’m not from around that area so I’m still debating if I should go to slippery Rock. Anyone have any insight into what SRU is like and how their OT program is?

I got accepted at Chatham on 11/23 and Pitt on 12/09. Going to Pitt!

Hey I got accepted into SRU too! Do you think you’ll be going there? I’m not from around that area so I’m still debating if I should go to slippery Rock. Anyone have any insight into what SRU is like and how their OT program is?
I ended up declining the acceptance as I was hoping to attend a school in Pittsburgh and I was accepted to Chatham before the deadline. I know nothing about it other than it is a newer program.

I would recommend against SRU

I know a couple of people at sru. Program is still really new and not the best. Fieldwork options are also awful because of location