Pittsburgh Waitlist Movement?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

GrnLt

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone! Does anyone know if Pittsburgh's wait-list has had any movement yet? Also, if you were wait-listed at their school, do you know if you can find out your ranking on that list? Has Pittsburgh stopped interviewing yet?

Members don't see this ad.

wish I could find the thread but *#%^*#$& search is still down :wink:

there was a whole thread where we discussed this. I called them personally and was told
(1) ranked, but they dont tell you where you are now.
(2) start pulling off people beginning of June! [very late, so I'm putting my lobbying efforts on my other waitlists til then]

anybody hav other info on this
(specific bump)

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone have any news yet?

out of curiousity, have people on the waitlist been put on the email listserve?

I was put on the waitlist in early March, and haven't heard anything since. So if there is a list server, waitlisted individuals are not likely to be on it.

Sorry for the redundancy and/or inappropriate location of this post, but have all accepted students received their financial aid e-mails? I postponed withdrawing until I had heard about the $ situation, but since they never sent anything, I'm going to have to withdraw before really knowing if I'm making the right choice. ARGH...

g'luck to everyone heading to Pitt next year and to those who are on the waitlist. It's a really great school...

locitamd, Pitt is notorious for not having much $ to give out. I received my package in an e-mail a few weeks ago, and it was pretty pathetic, although admittedly not as bad as Tufts, which is probably the worst school around financial aid wise. You probably wouldn't have been happy with your Pitt package anyway. No worries! :)

TommyGunn, thanks for getting back to me. I was waiting to see if I qualified for in-state tuition, which would have made a slight dent in the cost of tuition. But since they never told me, I officially withdrew tonight.

Thanks for helping out a fellow Brown alum and best of luck to you next year.

So far i know of two individuals who have been pulled off the waitlist. Anybody else? Anyone how many people are on Pitts list?

The Pitt waitlist is definitely moving---just got the call yesterday.

I can hardly believe it---Pitt is my absolute #1 choice.

The director told me that they JUST started picking off of the waitlist, so there should probably be a lot more movement.

Hope to see you guys in August!

CJT

I have my fingers crossed. I called the admissions office, and they said the wait=list is ranked but will not reveal anyone's position. For those accepted off the waitlist, r u from pennsylvania?

I also got a call yesterday offering me a position. I am a nonresident, but I don't know if they have separate resident and nonresident waitlists.

FYI:
I have just withdrawn from Pitt. Good luck to you guys.

:) :D