Not open for further replies.


Oracle of the Sheet
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jan 1, 2007
Denver, CO
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
Hey.... does anyone know if there is an organization that one would report gross negligence by a school's program? That is, say, for example, that one was aware of a school whose teaching (and counseling) philosophy had resulted in the deaths of patients in their own clinic and likely their students' clinics (this is, regrettably, a religious institution), is there a specific organization that one would file a report with? I doubt this institution is APA accredited...

*MOD NOTE: Because there can be legal implications about accusing programs of inappropriate conduct on a public forum, I have to edit this out. I would suggest that if there are concerns, the best thing to do is notify the local accrediting board and/or your state attorney general's office. -t*



Regional Clinical Officer, Centene Corporation
10+ Year Member
Apr 6, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Psychologist
First, according to what you provided, they are not accredited by any body that sanctions or supervisors psychology (i.e., APA) or mental health treatments. Looks like the are accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges. This only means they have met minimal standards as an official school of higher learning. It in no way applies that anyone agrees with their philosophies, and it has nothing to do with the competence of the university's counseling center (which I'm sure is not part of the accreditation process for that organization). Second, the only way the could be held liable is if they did not refer or acknowledges the availability of alternative treatments to the patient in question. If the person in question was competent to make their own medical decisions, the clinic informed them of alternatives treatments, and the client continue to receive counseling there....they can not and should not be held liable from a legal standpoint.
About the Ads
Not open for further replies.