Place to live in Temple

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

drnpp

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
What are some nice apartments in Philly for married couples?

Members don't see this ad.

...and for single ppl too?!? :D

Members don't see this ad :)
Unemployed said:
Alden Park in East Falls

i dunno about living there...i heard the heating bills go up the ying yang b/c the insulation around the windows is so poor....granted it's a beautiful place to call home...i wouldn't live there...besides....there was a fire there like a month or so ago...so i dunno how much has been damaged or if they're done repairing it or not. I would live at woodmere...it's a quiet little place across from summitt park and it's served me well for 4 years...=oP....besides heating and cooling are free...and electricity is free too. only thing is parking gets to be kinda a pain if you come in after like 10 (or 8 if there is a snow storm predicted)...

If you want to live in the city but save a buck then try to get a place only one or two blocks away from the ritzy areas (Rittenhouse Square and Society Hill) where the rents are a bit cheaper but the area/parks are still well maintained.

My wife and I lived on 10th and Pine which is a few blocks west of society hill. There are two grocery stores both two blocks away and you are on the same block as the Foodery which has the best beer selection in Philly (buying beer here is a pain in the a**). Worse laws then Utah in PA when it comes to beer...we moved from Salt Lake to Philly.

This area is called antique row and you can easily take the bus or subway to broadstreet and then north to temple (temple is on broad street right? Like in the 30's?)

What do you think about bringing a car to philly? :)

mychoi said:
What do you think about bringing a car to philly? :)

I brought a car to philly and I still drive it into school everyday. I drive in from Manyunk and I am married. I love how close it is to the school.

i live in woodmere right now. It is pretty quite and nice and it is only right across from summit park(many d students hang out place). i guess if you are married paying like 900 bucks is not so bad for an apt. however, many students live in like school line or east falls(like 200-300 bucks cheaper).

i strongly recommend having a car and even though many people hang out in summit park, i would not recommend living in there(very expensive and can get a loud)

take care