Place your bets!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Depakote

Pediatric Anesthesiologist
Moderator Emeritus
Lifetime Donor
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I gave up caffeine 3 years ago. I've been great without it ever since.

I will be an M1 in aproximately 3 months.

How long do you think I'll last?

EDIT: POST 2750... sweet

Members don't see this ad.

Which school are ya heading off to?

I think a person who doesn't want caffeine won't need it in med school as long as they don't procrastinate in their studies.
I don't NEED caffeine, however I love Mountain Dew and so I drink quite a bit of it.

I think you'll make it if you are determined to. I'll bet my entire salary in 2007.

Members don't see this ad :)
I've been caffeine-less most of my time in college also. I'm not planning on starting in med school either. You're not alone :thumbup:

I gave up caffeine 3 years ago. I've been great without it ever since.

I will be an M1 in aproximately 3 months.

How long do you think I'll last?

EDIT: POST 2750... sweet

I hope you can stay caffeine free! I would love to be in your position. Less caffeine helps me with sleep, stress, fatigue. You can do it!:clap:

I'm caffeine free as well. I will be heading back to the coffee capital. It didn't get me in undergrad so we will see what happends in med school.

In my personal opinion, i think cafeine does not create hurdles in anybody's work, whatever his or her work may be. so for a med student or whomever, it might not be really productive to care about taking cafeine or not a great deal.

You can remain caffeine-independent as long as you want to (so long as you don't give up easily and relapse). I've been caffeine free all my life including undergrad and I plan on remaining so in med school (starting in a little more than a month. :eek: )

In fact, consuming caffeine to stay awake has never been an issue for me...I can stay awake and function with little sleep. Most people have trouble staying awake but I have trouble staying asleep longer than 4 hours at a stretch :smuggrin: (definitely need drugs to stay asleep for 8). And no, it's not a disorder; it's an asset. ;)