1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice

Placements, Jobs and Salaries!

Discussion in 'Public Health Degrees (Masters and Doctoral)' started by greaper, Jul 23, 2006.

1. greaper

greaper Member
    5+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    Hello friends,
    I am a prospective MPH student for Fall 2007. I have a MBBS degree from India, yet to take my GRE exam.
    I wanted to know a few queries related to placements, jobs and salaries.

1. Which all colleges are international students friendly(take international students easily)?

2. Do all colleges have campus placements, if not which all colleges care for their students by campus placements?!

3. As I am an international student, can i be campus placed? What are my chances of finding a job in US itself? Suggestion particularly on this aspect are more than welcome!

4. I know the starting salaries are from 30k onwards upto 70k, but do all colleges graduates get that much or the ones who graduate from a top 10 earn more than the next 20 ranked college graduates?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. greaper

greaper Member
    5+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    no replies?

4. thockenb

thockenb Member
    5+ Year Member

$$ Depends on your skillset, not necessarally where you got your MPH...unless of course you went to maybe a top five school...Harvard, etc.
    Don't worry about the money, just get training, experience...and it will come.

5. MD2b20004

MD2b20004 Membership Revoked
    Removed

Spend the money on kaplan and take ur USMLE's and get a US residency. Faster, more money, and you will be using your degree. Then it will be MUCH easier to get an MPH from any school in a shorter amount of time.

6. docrine

docrine Junior Member
    2+ Year Member

Medical Student
    Hi any idea how much kaplan materials costs in US?

7. greaper

greaper Member
    5+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    Thanks for all the replies.