Places to Go On Vacation Out of the Country For Fourth Year?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

twospadz

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am trying to save my money for fourth year to go out of the country on vacation. Anybody also have plans to do so? Also any good recommendations country/city wise? Experiences? My budget will be most likely tight and I want a place that is money well spent.

P.S.: Sorry if I made two posts so close to one another but I am curious about both things.

Members don't see this ad.

How about somewhere in South America? Flights down there are usually about $1000 or cheaper depending on when and where you go. Accommodations and food are relatively cheap.

Chile is amazing and I highly recommend it (go to the South or the North, Santiago is not really worth more than two days of your time). There is tons of stuff to do, it's safe, they have great and cheap public transportation, and it's easy to get around the country by cheap buses.

Peru is even more incredible and, again, relatively cheap. In Peru if you stay in cusco/lima you shouldn't have a problem finding people who speak English, but if you don't speak a little Spanish Chile might be more challenging (but definitely not impossible).

Sent from my iPad using SDN mobile

I am trying to save my money for fourth year to go out of the country on vacation. Anybody also have plans to do so? Also any good recommendations country/city wise? Experiences? My budget will be most likely tight and I want a place that is money well spent.

P.S.: Sorry if I made two posts so close to one another but I am curious about both things.

Iceland might be a good bet, its not on the mainland of Europe, which is a huge positive considering the events of the past several months, and I heard its less expensive and much safer, probably won't have the security and safety issues of other European countries.

If you want to go to South America, Costa Rica is another option.

Could not recommend Japan because that will be expensive, but in terms of safety and cleanliness, its far and away the best place on Earth, South Korea is also pretty close to Japan in those categories.