Places to stay for Emory interview?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by randomlogik, Nov 13, 2002.

1. randomlogik

randomlogik Senior Member

I was wondering if anyone knew of a good place to stay in Atlanta. Im not familiar with the area. Is it good to stay near the Emory medical campus or should I stay elsewhere? I'll have some free time the day before my interview, so are there any places I should try to visit?
    thanks.

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. SunnyS81

SunnyS81 Senior Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Stay near emory......there aren't any places that are easily accessible by mass transportation if you stay elsewhere (i.e. near the interstate, business, or shopping district).

I don't know what emory kids do for fun, but you can get to quite a few places using the MARTA rail (you'll have to be a bit patient). You can get to downtown atlanta (not much there unless you want to check out Coca-cola), buckhead (malls, bars), and a few other places. Plus Atlanta is known for its strip clubs I think (such as the gold club, and the cheetah).

I think DW goes to Emory and could probably advise you better.

4. pbehzad

pbehzad Faddayy

Well for fun, on Saturday afternoons we watch our football team stay undefeated at Coke Commons stadium. Also the library is definitely a happening place, I mean its usually packed til 2 in the morning during the weekdays. You should drop by when you are here cause its just one big party up in the library.

But seriously, stay near emory. i have been here 1.5 years and still get lost by Atlanta's street system. Be careful at emory, we have the infamous 5 way intersection. Good luck.

5. DW

DW Fix me some sandwiches
    Moderator Emeritus

Medical Student
    random, you have a pm forthcoming......

6. KBCoch

KBCoch Senior Member

I went to Emory undergrad and interviewed in October. I would stay with a student. If you can, try to stay with one who lives in the brand new grad housing that Emory just built. It's called Clairmont Campus, if you want to mention it to the host coordinator. It's a really amazing complex, and it will give you a glimpse of what some living conditions are like.

As for areas to see... try to see the Virginia Highlands. It's an area of town where a lot of Emory grad students rent houses and apartments. Really nice little neighborhood with bars, restaurants and shops.

I really love Atlanta, and I loved my years at Emory as well, so I'd be happy to answer questions if you want to pm me.