doapplicant1123

10+ Year Member
Nov 29, 2004
Status
I am from out of state and have an interview at MSUCOM coming up. I was wondering if anyone knew of any decent/cheap hotels near the school that I could stay at? Thanks!

subtle1epiphany

Junior Faculty
15+ Year Member
Oct 18, 2003
UIowa <- UNM <- MSU <- SoCal
www.msu.edu
Status
Attending Physician
doapplicant1123 said:
I am from out of state and have an interview at MSUCOM coming up. I was wondering if anyone knew of any decent/cheap hotels near the school that I could stay at? Thanks!
There's a Comfort Inn or such pretty close to the school, you'll still need a cab ride from airport to the hotel and then to the campus, but the place is nice and has an indoor pool and bar (for after the interview :D ).

http://www2.choicehotels.com/ires/en-us/html/HotelInfo?sid=0mIXi.Emsc2gLOqg.2&hotel=MI030&sarea=85471&sname=Lansing&sstate=MI&scountry=US&sradius=40.22&slat=42.73350143432617&slon=-84.55380249023438&schain=CI&exp=&scity=Lansing&sort=

I found it through expedia.com where I do most of my travel arrangements. Best of luck!

wisconsinmilf

Fabuleux destin d'Amélie
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Oct 18, 2004
blue state
Status
doapplicant1123 said:
I stayed at the townplace suites in East Lansing; the rate was about $70 for a very nice town home/apartment style hotel room. I was going to take a taxicab from the airport, but decided after the fare and tip both ways, it would be about the same as renting a car; I think I paid around $55 at budget.
Anyway, townplace was within walking distance to Fee Hall as well as a strip mall with a few restaurants and gold’s gym. I was able to con my way into a free day pass at the gym; great stress releaser after all the traveling. Try looking on expedia, orbitz, or hotels.com for a deal. If you are up for it, I also believe that MSUCOM can arrange for you to stay with a current student.
Best of luck with the interview!!

Safe travels,
-WM

DownonthePharm

Chillin' n Fillin'
10+ Year Member
Dec 23, 2004
Oklahoma
Status
Pharmacist
The Ramada Inn in East Lansing is only a few miles away and is nice and reasonably priced. The Kellogg Hotel is actually ON campus, but will be more expensive and is across the campus from Fee Hall. I second the Townplace suites are also pretty much ON campus, and very nice, if they still have the middle eastern resturant in the little strip mall near it check it out, its pretty good.

wisconsinmilf is right about the car. The airport is fairly far away, and except for the "pleasure" of having to park on campus for your interview, it would be a better choice than a taxi.

About the Ads