Places to study in college for a person like me who ......

tennisball80

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
When I study, I talk to myself as I go through questions and notes.:banana:

Is there a place in college you can concentrate to study and talk to yourself loudly at the dame time except in my room ?

Members don't see this ad.

there will be times when the library will be empty or any classroom buildings after hours. most libs have study rooms u can reserve for a while

My university has study rooms you can reserve. I see people in there alone all the time. I talk to myself sometimes too when I study and we have a library resource room which is not as quiet as the rest the library so when I am talking to myself it is not so obvious =D.

Members don't see this ad :)
As others have said, there will be study rooms. At my school, its first come first serve. So during finals week its a pain in the ass b/c everyone and their mother is there.

You can also sometimes go into classrooms that aren't being used.

A lot of people like to study outside when it's nice out, you might look like a crazy person talking to yourself sitting on a bench though.

Is there a place in college you can concentrate to study and talk to yourself loudly at the dame time except in my room ?

Cafeteria/food courts.

On one of my college visits we were all out roaming the halls. In one of the halls they had this kid set up on a picnic blanket with his laptop, and a lot of books. He was just chillin, talking to himself like it was nothing. You could totally be that kid! Or i guess you could try not to be, but that wouldnt be any fun.

Some of the dorms have common areas where people will study and things like that. There's usually a lot more talking than studying so I doubt anyone would mind you simply talking to yourself and not them.

At my university, you can study in a room by yourself, but other people who are studying in groups have the right to kick you out if you have less than three people in a room. Usually people who talk to themselves rent out a small cubicle in the top floors of the library for a small fee.

Once it's after usual business hours, most classrooms are open and unused. Even better if you work in a lab and get keys to a building and can go any day or time you want.

Once it's after usual business hours, most classrooms are open and unused. Even better if you work in a lab and get keys to a building and can go any day or time you want.

This actually is a really good idea. At my uni. the keys to each lab and classroom are given to the students in bio so that they can always use them when needed. :thumbup: Prowler.

Cafeteria/food courts.

This is where I usually study. It's quite most hours of the day (obvious exceptions being lunch/dinner).

I plant myself in front of a window and camp out. The added benefit is that I like to be close to caffeine and sugar when I'm studying so it's a short trip.

Your dorm room...

Bingo. Added bonus if you have access to a room with white/chalkboard to lecture to yourself with.:thumbup:

your post makes me LoL. My room mate throughout college studied by talking to herself. She usually did it in the room with her head phones on -or- in the bathroom. Cracked me up every time. Usually she wasn't actually speaking, more like mouthing or speaking very low HaHa.

As the posters above have mentioned, library study rooms or empty classrooms will be your best bet. Almost every school has them.

Go to the library really early and get a group study room. Sometimes, groups feel that they have the right to throw you out even though there are many empty classrooms they could use. I recommend a big pair of earmuffs (the kind used for jack hammering). People tend to leave me alone when I'm wearing them. It kind of sends a message that I want to be left alone.

Go to the library really early and get a group study room. Sometimes, groups feel that they have the right to throw you out even though there are many empty classrooms they could use. I recommend a big pair of earmuffs (the kind used for jack hammering). People tend to leave me alone when I'm wearing them. It kind of sends a message that I want to be left alone.

Its a GROUP study room. If you arent in a GROUP, and there are other GROUPS that want to use it, then you should give it up. Pet peeve. If there are other open rooms, I wouldnt ask you to leave, but if it was finals week or something, and there were no other rooms available, I'd ask you to leave in a heartbeat, earmuffs or not. Why not just study in you room with your earmuffs on?

Its a GROUP study room. If you arent in a GROUP, and there are other GROUPS that want to use it, then you should give it up. Pet peeve. If there are other open rooms, I wouldnt ask you to leave, but if it was finals week or something, and there were no other rooms available, I'd ask you to leave in a heartbeat, earmuffs or not. Why not just study in you room with your earmuffs on?
I disagree completely. First come first served.

I don't think there's any harm in asking, but to expect others to just leave like that is really obnoxious. If you wanted the room badly enough, then get there earlier. Period.

That said, if you're not using the room... then MAKE IT AVAILABLE FOR OTHERS. What annoys the daylights out of me are the inconsiderate jerks that just leave a jacket or bag in a study room unattended and assume that the room is still theirs when they finally come back several hours later.

Definitely check out regular classrooms. I always say my note cards aloud when I study. From day 1 of undergrad and into med school I've always found an empty classroom to go into and study/ speak aloud in order to learn. In both undergrad and med school there's been a building on campus open 24 hours with a bunch of classrooms to study in.