Places to Study In Dallas

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gunner1

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
My MCAT is coming up and I was wondering if there are any places within Dallas that is open 24 hours where I can come in really early and study for a good half of the day. I know SMU has a library that is open 24 hours but its only available to its students.

Members don't see this ad.

Lol at the username

I know nothing about Dallas, sorry. But if you're looking to start studying early in the morning, you may not need a place that's open 24 hours.

Reactions: 1 user
Half Price Books store on Northwest Hwy (http://www.hpb.com/001/). It's not open 27/7, but 9 am to 11 pm 7 days a week is not too bad (after all, you need sleep for memory consolidation). There are a couple of places within the store with tables that are free to use for anyone, it's reasonably quiet (not library quiet, but not typical coffee shop loud; weekdays and mornings are quieter than weekends and nights) and there is a coffee shop where you can grab a sandwich etc. in the store as well. I see quite a lot of students studying there, including medical (UTSW) and nursing students. I studied there for MCAT myself on my days off from work :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Umm..... UT Southwestern? UT Dallas? UT Arlington? Sonny Bryans?

My MCAT is coming up and I was wondering if there are any places within Dallas that is open 24 hours where I can come in really early and study for a good half of the day. I know SMU has a library that is open 24 hours but its only available to its students.