Mar 3, 2014
Hey everyone, ended up re-posting this question for clarity. I'm currently applying this cycle and I was wondering if adcoms care if I don't take a class that I put as "future coursework." I've already graduated from my undergraduate university last spring, so these future courses are just to help me prepare for medical school and to keep myself busy during this interview session.

My question is that I was planning on taking 2 courses for the Fall, however, I'm leaning towards just taking 1 course (anatomy) to save some money and focus more on research/ECs. Will this make any difference to adcoms? Do I have to notify schools that I will not be taking one of the courses I listed?

Thanks for any input!

gonnif

Only 389 Days Until Next Presidential Election
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Jul 26, 2009
The Big Bad Apple
Status
Non-Student
they wont care. planned future courses are speculative

Catalystik

The Gimlet Eye
10+ Year Member
Sep 4, 2006
The Other Side of the Portal
I was wondering if adcoms care if I don't take a class that I put as "future coursework." I've already graduated from my undergraduate university last spring, so these future courses are just to help me prepare for medical school and to keep myself busy during this interview session.

My question is that I was planning on taking 2 courses for the Fall, however, I'm leaning towards just taking 1 course (anatomy) to save some money and focus more on research/ECs. Will this make any difference to adcoms? Do I have to notify schools that I will not be taking one of the courses I listed?
You don't need to notify schools, but as a heads-up, if you are taking Anatomy to remove some of the pressure from the MS-1 year, you'd be better off taking it during the spring so there's a better chance you'll remember all those structures that you painstakingly add to your short-term memory.

Commer_Knocker

Don't let the bastards grind you down.
2+ Year Member
Dec 12, 2015
The Other Side
They won't care at all. I ended up changing all of my classes between the time I submitted AMCAS and my senior year. Never ended up even taking any of my "future coursework."

OP
T
Mar 3, 2014
Awesome thanks for the input everyone!

You don't need to notify schools, but as a heads-up, if you are taking Anatomy to remove some of the pressure from the MS-1 year, you'd be better off taking it during the spring so there's a better chance you'll remember all those structures that you painstakingly add to your short-term memory.
Thanks for the advice! My school will offer anatomy and physiology 1 and 2 and I will most likely take them in the Fall and Spring respectively, so hopefully it'll be a nice bonus to keep me engaged the whole upcoming school year before MS1.

Reactions: Catalystik