Planning a wedding

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

schwasted589

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
...sucks when you're in med school.

/ rant

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
I got married prior to school, but over a dozen classmates got married between 1st and 2nd year. So it is doable, just keep your head down and stay on task whether it is school or wedding.

We're planning to pull one off between 2nd and 3rd year which is slightly complicated by the fact that our school just decided to change up their schedule and have us come in for a 2 week crash course on rotations related stuff smack dab in the middle of our wedding/honeymoon.

Members don't see this ad :)
We're planning to pull one off between 2nd and 3rd year which is slightly complicated by the fact that our school just decided to change up their schedule and have us come in for a 2 week crash course on rotations related stuff smack dab in the middle of our wedding/honeymoon.
If you already have your venue booked with a deposit down, I would go to the admins now and explain the situation. I can't imagine what could possibly fill up 2 weeks in regards to a "rotations crash course" so maybe they will work with you.

If you already have your venue booked with a deposit down, I would go to the admins now and explain the situation. I can't imagine what could possibly fill up 2 weeks in regards to a "rotations crash course" so maybe they will work with you.

Yep. Venue booked. Dress bought. Honeymoon tickets booked.

We just found out and so that's been stressing me out. Definitely need to talk to them. i don't know what could take 2 weeks either.

I recently got married during my general surgery rotation. Try pulling that one off! I got out early on a Friday and only got the weekend off. Honeymoon will just have to wait. Luckily my wife was understanding and knew what she was getting into when she said yes. But I feel for you, planning during board studying sucked, even when I was only doing a small chunk of the work. Good luck!

Yep. Venue booked. Dress bought. Honeymoon tickets booked.

We just found out and so that's been stressing me out. Definitely need to talk to them. i don't know what could take 2 weeks either.

Listen to what NeuroSpeed said and explain the situation to them. You won't be the only one who's plans are messed up. In my experience, admins tend to be pretty receptive to this sort of thing, especially when they changed the schedule. Also, it's likely they'll at least be able to work with you and adjust things regardless. Emphasize that this is a financial and family issue, not just one about convenience.

Reactions: 1 user
Listen to what NeuroSpeed said and explain the situation to them. You won't be the only one who's plans are messed up. In my experience, admins tend to be pretty receptive to this sort of thing, especially when they changed the schedule. Also, it's likely they'll at least be able to work with you and adjust things regardless. Emphasize that this is a financial and family issue, not just one about convenience.

Yeah the part that really sucks is that a significant number of our bridal party (2 of my bridesmaids and 3 of my fiance's groomsmen) are in our graduating class so we have no idea what we're going to do about that. This is kind of late in the game for us to find new people

Yeah the part that really sucks is that a significant number of our bridal party (2 of my bridesmaids and 3 of my fiance's groomsmen) are in our graduating class so we have no idea what we're going to do about that. This is kind of late in the game for us to find new people

Well that just sucks. Maybe they could get like a day off... Talk to your school and see what they can do. I hope it all works out.

Well that just sucks. Maybe they could get like a day off... Talk to your school and see what they can do. I hope it all works out.

Thanks. me too. My wedding is on the other side of the country so this just made it so complicated. :S

Yep, that's why I went to the justice of the peace, my husband showed up in scrubs from work.

I wish this was an option (mostly because i want a traditional wedding). Culturally, our weddings last 3-4 days, and I've already shortened it to 2.