Planning on taking August MCAT: Should I submit app now though?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BlakeDrake

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've took the MCAT in May, got my score in June which I was very disappointed with (19). I even took kaplan test prep and was scoring in the mid 20s (24-25s). Anyways I know that if I take it once more with another month of studying I can get 25-27. My question is, should I submit my AMCAS app right now and then list that I'm taking august MCAT or wait till my scores come in October and then submit my app?

I know that some schools probably screen out in apps and since my score is so low (applying mainly to DO schools) I don't want that to happen. When should I submit my AMCAS? primary? secondaries so that by the time my score comes in October that's all I'll be waiting on?

Members don't see this ad.

The sooner you submit the better. Assuming your application is complete, though. Make sure it's ready first.

Members don't see this ad :)
I don't know the exact procedure, but I think you can indicate that you're taking it again and they'll wait for your new score before sending secondaries. But they won't screen you.