Planning on taking the DAT within a month. Am I missing something?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Lazerous

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm new here, but I've been reading around on recommended practice material and all of that good stuff. Currently I've been studying by way of the Kaplan book. However, since I plan on taking the exam by the end of this month I want to start doing some practice tests.

From what I gathered from reading and searching on this forum; DAT Destroyer, Topscore, and Achiever are the three most recommended.

I plan on getting all three. Is there any other guide I am missing?
I've seen acethedat mentioned a couple of times, do you guys recommend it?

Also, I know that Achiever and Topscore simulate the real test, but is destroyer simply a series of questions or does it also simulate the test?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

destroyer = legit trust me get it you will understand

Sure, more practice never hurts. But, make sure you know in and out of Kaplan blue book. It's a good material.

Sure, more practice never hurts. But, make sure you know in and out of Kaplan blue book. It's a good material.

Kaplan blue book is a waste (except for chem's maybe). It is really an insult to biology, and using it will mainly waste your time. You need to go into much more detail than Kaplan.

Members don't see this ad :)
Kaplan blue book is a waste (except for chem's maybe). It is really an insult to biology, and using it will mainly waste your time. You need to go into much more detail than Kaplan.

I disagree to the idea that the blue book is a waste. I thought both chemistry sections were sufficient for 22+, and biology section was good for at least 18~19. Sure, many of us don't want 'mere' 18~19 on biology, but 18 is still a legit score and with a little details from Schaum's outlines, one should be able to pull off 20+ easily.

I disagree to the idea that the blue book is a waste. I thought both chemistry sections were sufficient for 22+, and biology section was good for at least 18~19. Sure, many of us don't want 'mere' 18~19 on biology, but 18 is still a legit score and with a little details from Schaum's outlines, one should be able to pull off 20+ easily.

Bio is useless, math is useless, PAT is sub-par, gen and organic chem are acceptable at best. You need material that will make you apply the concepts and test your knowledge. This book is too basic, the practice tests are helpful however.

Bio is useless, math is useless, PAT is sub-par, gen and organic chem are acceptable at best. You need material that will make you apply the concepts and test your knowledge. This book is too basic, the practice tests are helpful however.

I don't know about math and PAT since I never used Kaplan's material for those sections, but I don't understand where you are coming up with this conclusion that Kaplan bio is useless. Are you saying it's useless because it isn't enough for high scores like 22+?

(I'm not advertising any of Kaplan's materials. I personally believe Kaplan's course is useless cr*p.)