1. Hey Guest! Check out the 3 MCAT Study Plan Options listed in the 'stickies' area at the top of the forums (BoomBoom, SN2ed, and MCATJelly). Let us know which you like best.

Also, we now offer a MCAT Test-Prep Exhibitions Forum where you can ask questions directly from the test-prep services.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice

Planning to take August MCAT! When to sign up!

Discussion in 'MCAT Discussions' started by axp107, May 13, 2007.

1. axp107

axp107 UCLA 09': Italian Pryde
    2+ Year Member

I just saw a thread on ontario places being completely full.. is this b/c its in canada

I live in ohio and was wondering when to sign up for the MCATs.. I plan to take then sometimes mid-late August. Should I sign up later or when I'm sure about the test date! thanks!

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. scotties123

scotties123 GrandMacDaddy
    10+ Year Member

Medical Student
    umm.....3 weeks ago

4. axp107

2+ Year Member

No way

All the people I know who are planning to take the MCAT in August or anytime soon haven't even signed up

5. scotties123

10+ Year Member

Medical Student
    i dont know how it is in Ohio, but im in Michigan and i checked AAMC 3 times a day for 2 months before i found an opening on August 20th for ANY test center in michigan. i just signed up for the Aug 20th like a week ago. if ur testing centers are empty then by all means wait as long as u want. im just going off my own experiences. i say better to be safe and sign up now then be sorry later when everythings full.

6. axp107

2+ Year Member

thanks for the heads up

I was gonna wait until maybe a month before test date or something to sign up.. I was always able to do that with the SAT

But just to make sure, I checked... all the ones near me are empty. But just to be sure, I'll sign up now so I don't have to worry about it later... August 20th it is =D

7. Lacipart

Lacipart M1 at UW-Madison
    5+ Year Member

Medical Student
    Um... excuse me but why wouldn't you sign up as soon as you could? It's not like they give prizes for those who wait until 2 weeks beforehand :laugh:

The only effect of waiting to sign up is the likely chance that your preferred location would be taken. In short: sign up as soon as physically possible of you know you are going to take it on that date. You've got nothing to loose.

8. Crickett

Pre-Medical
    I completely agree. I can't understand what sense it makes to wait to a month before to take a test as important as the MCAT...

9. quiksilver87

10+ Year Member

Hey scotties...I signed up for the 14th in livonia michigan! where did you sign up at?

10. scotties123

10+ Year Member

Medical Student
    i had the livonia on the 16th, but then i switched to the 20th at troy, now im thinking about moving it up a month to july 12th depending on how good i do on practice exams in the next couple months. id still study tho from july12th to august 20th, and id sign up for the aug 20th as a backup plan if i bombed the july 12th one. but its just an idea for now.