Hey Guest! Check out the 3 MCAT Study Plan Options listed in the 'stickies' area at the top of the forums (BoomBoom, SN2ed, and MCATJelly). Let us know which you like best.

Also, we now offer a MCAT Test-Prep Exhibitions Forum where you can ask questions directly from the test-prep services.
SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

Planning to take August MCAT! When to sign up!

Discussion in 'MCAT Discussions' started by axp107, May 13, 2007.

1. axp107

axp107 UCLA 09': Italian Pryde 2+ Year Member

Dec 25, 2006
    Phoenix, AZ
    I just saw a thread on ontario places being completely full.. is this b/c its in canada

I live in ohio and was wondering when to sign up for the MCATs.. I plan to take then sometimes mid-late August. Should I sign up later or when I'm sure about the test date! thanks!

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. scotties123

scotties123 GrandMacDaddy 10+ Year Member

Apr 29, 2007
    umm.....3 weeks ago

4. axp107

Dec 25, 2006
    Phoenix, AZ
    No way

All the people I know who are planning to take the MCAT in August or anytime soon haven't even signed up

5. scotties123

Apr 29, 2007
    i dont know how it is in Ohio, but im in Michigan and i checked AAMC 3 times a day for 2 months before i found an opening on August 20th for ANY test center in michigan. i just signed up for the Aug 20th like a week ago. if ur testing centers are empty then by all means wait as long as u want. im just going off my own experiences. i say better to be safe and sign up now then be sorry later when everythings full.

6. axp107

Dec 25, 2006
    Phoenix, AZ
    thanks for the heads up

I was gonna wait until maybe a month before test date or something to sign up.. I was always able to do that with the SAT

But just to make sure, I checked... all the ones near me are empty. But just to be sure, I'll sign up now so I don't have to worry about it later... August 20th it is =D

7. Lacipart

Lacipart M1 at UW-Madison 5+ Year Member

May 2, 2007
    Um... excuse me but why wouldn't you sign up as soon as you could? It's not like they give prizes for those who wait until 2 weeks beforehand :laugh:

The only effect of waiting to sign up is the likely chance that your preferred location would be taken. In short: sign up as soon as physically possible of you know you are going to take it on that date. You've got nothing to loose.

8. Crickett

Crickett

Aug 27, 2006
    I completely agree. I can't understand what sense it makes to wait to a month before to take a test as important as the MCAT...

9. quiksilver87

quiksilver87 10+ Year Member

Feb 20, 2007
    Hey scotties...I signed up for the 14th in livonia michigan! where did you sign up at?

10. scotties123

Apr 29, 2007
    i had the livonia on the 16th, but then i switched to the 20th at troy, now im thinking about moving it up a month to july 12th depending on how good i do on practice exams in the next couple months. id still study tho from july12th to august 20th, and id sign up for the aug 20th as a backup plan if i bombed the july 12th one. but its just an idea for now.