Planning to take August MCAT! When to sign up!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

axp107

UCLA>> Italian Pryde
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just saw a thread on ontario places being completely full.. is this b/c its in canada

I live in ohio and was wondering when to sign up for the MCATs.. I plan to take then sometimes mid-late August. Should I sign up later or when I'm sure about the test date! thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

No way

All the people I know who are planning to take the MCAT in August or anytime soon haven't even signed up

No way

All the people I know who are planning to take the MCAT in August or anytime soon haven't even signed up

i dont know how it is in Ohio, but im in Michigan and i checked AAMC 3 times a day for 2 months before i found an opening on August 20th for ANY test center in michigan. i just signed up for the Aug 20th like a week ago. if ur testing centers are empty then by all means wait as long as u want. im just going off my own experiences. i say better to be safe and sign up now then be sorry later when everythings full.

Members don't see this ad :)
thanks for the heads up

I was gonna wait until maybe a month before test date or something to sign up.. I was always able to do that with the SAT

But just to make sure, I checked... all the ones near me are empty. But just to be sure, I'll sign up now so I don't have to worry about it later... August 20th it is =D

Um... excuse me but why wouldn't you sign up as soon as you could? It's not like they give prizes for those who wait until 2 weeks beforehand :laugh:

The only effect of waiting to sign up is the likely chance that your preferred location would be taken. In short: sign up as soon as physically possible of you know you are going to take it on that date. You've got nothing to loose.

Um... excuse me but why wouldn't you sign up as soon as you could? It's not like they give prizes for those who wait until 2 weeks beforehand :laugh:

The only effect of waiting to sign up is the likely chance that your preferred location would be taken. In short: sign up as soon as physically possible of you know you are going to take it on that date. You've got nothing to loose.

I completely agree. I can't understand what sense it makes to wait to a month before to take a test as important as the MCAT...

i dont know how it is in Ohio, but im in Michigan and i checked AAMC 3 times a day for 2 months before i found an opening on August 20th for ANY test center in michigan. i just signed up for the Aug 20th like a week ago. if ur testing centers are empty then by all means wait as long as u want. im just going off my own experiences. i say better to be safe and sign up now then be sorry later when everythings full.

Hey scotties...I signed up for the 14th in livonia michigan! where did you sign up at?

Hey scotties...I signed up for the 14th in livonia michigan! where did you sign up at?
i had the livonia on the 16th, but then i switched to the 20th at troy, now im thinking about moving it up a month to july 12th depending on how good i do on practice exams in the next couple months. id still study tho from july12th to august 20th, and id sign up for the aug 20th as a backup plan if i bombed the july 12th one. but its just an idea for now.