Oct 26, 2011
Status
Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
I know the earlier I apply the better, but my plan is to study for a solid 8 weeks after finals, and then take the DAT. I've printed pages upon pages of breakdowns already!

I'll be finishing up my junior year, have a 3.75 oGPA, 3.46 BCP, and a 3.62 sGPA.

I've done lots of volunteering, shadowing, research, TA'ed this past semester, so I feel that those areas of my application are strong.

I've completed the first draft of my PS over Christmas break and have sent to off to my health adviser.

Anything else I should be doing right now?

predentalgirl

5+ Year Member
Sep 18, 2012
Status
Dental Student
Nope!
Have your PS ready the day the app opens, and also send your app in AS SOON as you can. DON'T wait till the end of June to send it in!!

You can send in your app with scores in later =)

Jun 16, 2013
Status
Pre-Dental
That's totally fine! I took my DAT in the end of July and didn't submit my apps till August 1st and was totally fine. People on this site seem to be obsessed with getting things in EXACTLY when the app opens, but it really isn't the end of the world if you submit a little later.

HaverfoodsDDS

5+ Year Member
Aug 25, 2012
Status
Pre-Dental
End of June is fine......do everything else as soon as possible, and your scores will be ready by mid-July which is still plenty early. Good luck!

ModifiedBass

5+ Year Member
Jul 1, 2013
Status
Dentist
I took mine in early July, still got plenty of interviews/acceptances. Your GPA and EC's are good enough where the difference between 1st batch and whatever batch you'll be in won't matter. Just finish the rest of your application and send it in before you take your DAT.

Reactions: Illfavor

tbond5

Enrolled
Jul 8, 2013
Seattle, WA
Status
Pre-Dental
That's totally fine! I took my DAT in the end of July and didn't submit my apps till August 1st and was totally fine. People on this site seem to be obsessed with getting things in EXACTLY when the app opens, but it really isn't the end of the world if you submit a little later.
Ditto

Aug 19, 2012
California
Status
Pre-Dental
I would apply in early without DAT scores, and than it takes 2 weeks for them to be uploaded from ADA to your app. You are fine, I took mine July 15 and still got 3 pre December interviews.

Funz

5+ Year Member
Dec 27, 2012
Status
Dental Student
I submitted the everything within a few weeks of app opening and took DAT mid July and everything was good