Plans for Summer b4 Matriculation?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Plan for summer?

• Traveling Overseas

Votes: 17 19.8%
  • Traveling w/in US (visiting frds/parents)

Votes: 10 11.6%
  • Working

Votes: 21 24.4%
  • Studying (finishing up graduation/self-studying)

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • Moving/adapting to new school neighbourhood

Votes: 6 7.0%
  • Doing research

Votes: 9 10.5%
  • Slacking/hanging out/sleeping

Votes: 20 23.3%
  • others

Votes: 2 2.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

lovexn

The Devil who wears Panda
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Do you guys want to share what is your plan for the summer prior to matriculation? Traveling overseas? Visiting friends? Working? Moving? Studying? Sleeping?:p

Members don't see this ad.

I'm taking a couple of weeks to hit some really great hiking spots and maybe some rafting then I'm moving to school a month early to get used to the new city (and work my way through the pile of books I want to read before med school).

You need to allow multiple choices! :laugh:

traveling (abroad and in US): check
slacking: check
moving: check

Members don't see this ad :)
traveling in US - road trip + camping all over northeast
traveling overseas
sleeping
having fun
sleeping more
enjoying life

For now, I plan on sleeping late, sitting out by the pool and working on my tan, lifting weights and getting into great shape, reading much more of the NYTimes online than I get to at school, digging into a growing pile of interesting books, going out with friends, and generally taking it easy.

I'd also like to do some sort of traveling, but I'm curious--do ya'll usually go with friends, family, or alone? And if so, how do you decide on where you want to go? Traveling to a new country might be a bit too much for me right now (I just visited one over winter break), but a road trip through California's wine vineyards like in the movie Sideways may be a lot of fun!