Plans for the Summer before Dental School

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ElBoogie7321

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello all!

I've been accepted to dental school this fall and I have been working as a DA for the past two years. I was wondering if I should keep carrying on working throughout the summer or actually have a free summer before dental school starts up? I've heard many mixed things such as 'make as much money beforehand' or 'just enjoy the free time before dental school'.

What do you guys have planned for the summer and what did current dental students do before they headed in as D1s?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Hello all!

I've been accepted to dental school this fall and I have been working as a DA for the past two years. I was wondering if I should keep carrying on working throughout the summer or actually have a free summer before dental school starts up? I've heard many mixed things such as 'make as much money beforehand' or 'just enjoy the free time before dental school'.

What do you guys have planned for the summer and what did current dental students do before they headed in as D1s?
"Yolo." -Drizzy Drake

Hello all!

Its honestly up to you. I worked full time over the summer to save up money for dental school and I don't regret it.

Understand that during your time in dental school, you will be working pretty hard (espeically if you are looking to specialize) and won't have that much free time.

Members don't see this ad :)
It's up to you. There's no wrong way to go about it.

Reactions: 1 user
I'm in the same position as you. I'm planning to work at the office up until a month before school starts. I plan to enjoy remaining month by visiting family, friends, places etc.

Working through June, moving & then laying on the beach in Mexico for a few days before classes begin :cool:

Been a DA as well for past 2 years. Taking off in May and doing vacation for 7 weeks out of the country.

Like other have said, I think it depends on your financial situation.
I'm personally traveling this summer out of country.

Reactions: 1 user